• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Traditional events roll-call

HuumanCreed

SH Member
Who's going to what?

I usually go to the Baltimore Traditional Classic in middle of May.

But I got permission to go to ETAR this year. Probably Friday and Saturday.

Wish I can go to Kalamazoo but its not realistic until retirement.

What is everyone plans?

I'm thinking about going to ETAR this year. I haven't been there in over 20 years.

I was thinking the Bmore Classic was on Memorial Day weekend so I had ruled it out. I see it's actually the weekend before Memorial Day. How did you like it last year?

I'm thinking about going to ETAR this year. I haven't been there in over 20 years.

I was thinking the Bmore Classic was on Memorial Day weekend so I had ruled it out. I see it's actually the weekend before Memorial Day. How did you like it last year?
Loved it. It's a good time for low key fun. It was smaller last year then the year before. A few vendors that usually show up didn't. But people wise there were a lot more due to no more Covid fear. Hoping it get back on track. The courses were nice.

Loved it. It's a good time for low key fun. It was smaller last year then the year before. A few vendors that usually show up didn't. But people wise there were a lot more due to no more Covid fear. Hoping it get back on track. The courses were nice.

I see it says free camping. What was the camping situation like? anywhere to hang a hammock or would i need a tent?

I’ve shot the course a handful of times not sure what the layout is for the weekend, don’t let them mistake ya for a target.
You can probably find a usable old bow at one of the vendor for 100ish. You can also borrow my son's 25lbs at 28in bow if you want. With your sasquatch frame, you'll probably pull it back all the way to 35lbs. Great 3D weight.

You can probably find a usable old bow at one of the vendor for 100ish. You can also borrow my son's 25lbs at 28in bow if you want. With your sasquatch frame, you'll probably pull it back all the way to 35lbs. Great 3D weight.

@Bigterp doesn’t need a bow. He’s got a beautiful custom bow. He just doesn’t show it off like the rest of us, he’s not completely out of the closet yet. :tearsofjoy:

@Bigterp doesn’t need a bow. He’s got a beautiful custom bow. He just doesn’t show it off like the rest of us, he’s not completely out of the closet yet. :tearsofjoy:
@Bigterp got 12 posts in the trad section.....and now I find out that he has a custom bow. Brother you're not far enough that I wouldn't make a trip down to Baltimore demanding to see that bow!

Fair! You know what it is, I like to be really good at stuff & im not remotely dangerous with that thing yet! It’s amazing & I love shooting it way more than my compound. My biggest struggle is giving up the added confidence in shooting distance. I wouldn’t have killed my biggest buck this year if trad only. Maybe my first one but definitely not that last one it was a tough shot with a compound. I do want to add it in significantly more throughout the season & would mean a lot to me to kill one or a pile of them with it! That’s my goal this year!

Fair! You know what it is, I like to be really good at stuff & im not remotely dangerous with that thing yet! It’s amazing & I love shooting it way more than my compound. My biggest struggle is giving up the added confidence in shooting distance. I wouldn’t have killed my biggest buck this year if trad only. Maybe my first one but definitely not that last one it was a tough shot with a compound. I do want to add it in significantly more throughout the season & would mean a lot to me to kill one or a pile of them with it! That’s my goal this year!
I have to remind myself when a deer I want to shoot is further than my abilities with the stick, it's not the bow that was the limitation, it was my ability to put myself in range. Year before last I saw 6 air quote shooters from the tree, none in stick bow range but all 60 or less. This year, I saw 5 and all were inside 25 just didnt get the shots for one reason or another. Based on that trend, I should run out of buck tags next year but I'm not holding my breath.

I have to remind myself when a deer I want to shoot is further than my abilities with the stick, it's not the bow that was the limitation, it was my ability to put myself in range. Year before last I saw 6 air quote shooters from the tree, none in stick bow range but all 60 or less. This year, I saw 5 and all were inside 25 just didnt get the shots for one reason or another. Based on that trend, I should run out of buck tags next year but I'm not holding my breath.
Oh for sure it ain’t the bow, it’s being on the x. I’ve been spoiled a with an additional 15yd cushion for years. This is new territory!

Forgive my ignorance here but is there a good source/site that lists all the different traditional shoots? I am new to traditional, but it sounds like these events would be great learning events, as long as newbie’s are welcome. Thanks

Back