• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arsenal Platform

Some people don’t know how to set a platform.

Has nothing to do with it. I havent owned a 2.0 but I see little in terms of design changes to fix seemingy the same inherent issues the first one had. No platform should take the amount of fiddle fooking to set securely on a tree while at 20+ feet in the dark and have confidence enough to hunt from it.

There is a fix for it however, any TL or LWCG or nearly any other platform choice out there... I'd put any up for comparison to either new or old RZR in terms of ease of set up, side loading and just plain hang and hunt.

Man…I thought I was good with this platform. Had it out playing around this evening some more and top bracket pulling away like crazy on soft bark trees.

I’ve been super critical of the entire process and company here but I think it’s getting a tough rap at this point. The company rectified, or did their best to do so, preorder issues and offered that they would pay for the return since they advertised the weight wrong. It’s light, it’s flat, it takes pressure well from all angles, and for those into that sort of thing the packaging makes you feel good.

It’s also just not that hard to get rock solid on a tree. In my new guy opinion anyway. The attachment method works just fine and toe hooking isn’t some unprecedented thing. I do think that’s necessary, I don’t see most of us getting the top tight to the tree without doing so, but I’ve been wrong before. Overall I think it’s a solid addition to the platform options we have. I wouldn’t have purchased had the advertised weight been right but it’s a solid platform.

I’ll try and do one of my boring here’s the platform, here’s how you attach it, here’s the angles if I have time around kid stuff and work. Plan was to do that this weekend but I had to replace our dishwasher and fix the sink or as most of us call it, life.

I’ve been super critical of the entire process and company here but I think it’s getting a tough rap at this point. The company rectified, or did their best to do so, preorder issues and offered that they would pay for the return since they advertised the weight wrong. It’s light, it’s flat, it takes pressure well from all angles, and for those into that sort of thing the packaging makes you feel good.

It’s also just not that hard to get rock solid on a tree. In my new guy opinion anyway. The attachment method works just fine and toe hooking isn’t some unprecedented thing. I do think that’s necessary, I don’t see most of us getting the top tight to the tree without doing so, but I’ve been wrong before. Overall I think it’s a solid addition to the platform options we have. I wouldn’t have purchased had the advertised weight been right but it’s a solid platform.

I’ll try and do one of my boring here’s the platform, here’s how you attach it, here’s the angles if I have time around kid stuff and work. Plan was to do that this weekend but I had to replace our dishwasher and fix the sink or as most of us call it, life.

Tough rap? I guess we should have it if someone really broke one. lol.

Sure it’s not all bad, but let’s not let them off the hook here either.

When I reached out to cancel, they told me that ”we’ve been communicating promptly after any inquiry”. Why the heck should the customer have to inquire.

And getting the weight wrong is less than elementary. Don’t forget your own post #643. It’s good they offered you a “mea culpa” return policy, but hard to believe with such a detail oriented group that it wasn’t a tool to bring in business. And if it was an actual mistake, it was a big one. Yet the refund deal was presented, “after inquiry”, again.

Do the platforms actually set well. Seems up for debate. That says something to me, it’s not nearly unanimous that they do. Probably user error, lol. Allrighty then.

Tough rap? I guess we should have it if someone really broke one. lol.

Sure it’s not all bad, but let’s not let them off the hook here either.

When I reached out to cancel, they told me that ”we’ve been communicating promptly after any inquiry”. Why the heck should the customer have to inquire.

And getting the weight wrong is less than elementary. Don’t forget your own post #643. It’s good they offered you a “mea culpa” return policy, but hard to believe with such a detail oriented group that it wasn’t a tool to bring in business. And if it was an actual mistake, it was a big one. Yet the refund deal was presented, “after inquiry”, again.

Do the platforms actually set well. Seems up for debate. That says something to me, it’s not nearly unanimous that they do. Probably user error, lol. Allrighty then.
Ain’t gonna fight with you, you’ve been here a lot longer than me and contributed much more to the community than I could even aspire to, just sharing my thoughts and experience with the company and platform. They haven’t been great, I’ll likely not be a future customer, but they did respond when I reached out (as you suggested) and we all know the squeaky wheel.

Being a guy who tried to be an early adopter to a bunch of things worked out for me a few times and didn’t a few more. Sometimes we have to put blame on our own shoulders and stop enabling companies. I believe I’ve said that throughout this thread and others.

I’ll work to show how I set mine so it isn’t as much “user error lol” type of stuff, every experience is different I’m sure so I’ll choose my wording more carefully. I don’t care if anyone buys it or not.

Ain’t gonna fight with you, you’ve been here a lot longer than me and contributed much more to the community than I could even aspire to, just sharing my thoughts and experience with the company and platform. They haven’t been great, I’ll likely not be a future customer, but they did respond when I reached out (as you suggested) and we all know the squeaky wheel.

Being a guy who tried to be an early adopter to a bunch of things worked out for me a few times and didn’t a few more. Sometimes we have to put blame on our own shoulders and stop enabling companies. I believe I’ve said that throughout this thread and others.

I’ll work to show how I set mine so it isn’t as much “user error lol” type of stuff, every experience is different I’m sure so I’ll choose my wording more carefully. I don’t care if anyone buys it or not.

Well said.

I‘m not here to bury Arsenal. Other companies have handled business on par or worse. I’m just saying they fit in. Very few mobile hunting companies have avoided these kind of pitfalls.

As far as products go, they are tracking but there hasn’t been quite the home run I hoped for even though they’ve had some decent hits.

I was able to get out to put the platform on a tree again today. I'm going to stick with the included rope method instead of a cam strap. I have put the platform on enough times that I feel confident I can do it in the dark and I'm not having the top section pull away.

Here is my current method - set platform on tree with the bottom section tilted just enough to work the rope around the cleat. Secure the rope around the cleat using the arsenal method until the first time you put the rope through the small section of the cleat. At this point - open the bottom section - and then complete the rope cleat method. Now close the bottom section and flip the top section before re-opening the bottom section making everything bite.

Only issue for me is now that I have the method down I realize I prefer to have the rope go around the tree the opposite way, since I always place my platform to the right of my stop stick. So, I need to practice the rope cleat attachment being mirrored. Shouldn't be a problem to nail down in the next 6 months lol. Plus in all likelyhood I'll change something or other about my set up before then too.

Well got the platform done. Turned out pretty good. I haven't put it in the tree yet but will try out when I get some time. Here is a few pics though.View attachment 101264View attachment 101265View attachment 101266View attachment 101267View attachment 101268View attachment 101269
Got out and tried it today. Locks in solid don't see any extra stress on top bracket and top bracket doesn't pull away from tree. Once it is cammed in the platform springs up about a 1/4 inch unweighted. So not sure how much you guys were seeing in the original orientation.
Really Happy with it. There is just enough bevel on platform to take pressure points off of feet.

If any anyone else decides to go down this route. Need 6x30mm bolts if you counter bore or 6x35mm if you are just going to flush bolt. I used 12.9 grade Allen bolts. The ones I pulled out were 10.9 grade.

Last edited:
I was able to get out to put the platform on a tree again today. I'm going to stick with the included rope method instead of a cam strap. I have put the platform on enough times that I feel confident I can do it in the dark and I'm not having the top section pull away.

Here is my current method - set platform on tree with the bottom section tilted just enough to work the rope around the cleat. Secure the rope around the cleat using the arsenal method until the first time you put the rope through the small section of the cleat. At this point - open the bottom section - and then complete the rope cleat method. Now close the bottom section and flip the top section before re-opening the bottom section making everything bite.

Only issue for me is now that I have the method down I realize I prefer to have the rope go around the tree the opposite way, since I always place my platform to the right of my stop stick. So, I need to practice the rope cleat attachment being mirrored. Shouldn't be a problem to nail down in the next 6 months lol. Plus in all likelyhood I'll change something or other about my set up before then too.

"flip the top section before re-opening the bottom section making everything bite."

I'd suggest to also try saving as your last step flipping the top batwing section to the lock position while at same time weighting with downward hand pressure for it to be able to flip to lock. Might be key to getting this platform as tight as possible for it not to float away from the tree when weighted. Then when you first step on it, it should make top and bottom even tighter to the tree.

Well… I sent mine back. It was delivered on Tuesday at 13:13 to Arsenal. It is now Friday 17:39. I have yet to receive a refund. I am getting pretty annoyed.

Well… I sent mine back. It was delivered on Tuesday at 13:13 to Arsenal. It is now Friday 17:39. I have yet to receive a refund. I am getting pretty annoyed.

4FD9088D-5D15-431B-9168-A76021A75934.jpeg

20 days from time of order on Returns/Exchanges. 2 Year Limited Warranty (repair or replace). Wonder if they factor their delayed delivery schedule.

I canceled that one. Then ordered another one like 2 weeks ago….

Hmm, Idk what the holdup is then. They refunded my cancellation after 10pm the night of my request. But it hadn’t shipped.

Maybe it’s this:

To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.

There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)

• Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error

Hmm, Idk what the holdup is then. They refunded my cancellation after 10pm the night of my request. But it hadn’t shipped.

Maybe it’s this:

To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.

There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)

• Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error

I talked to the owner said he would refund me or send me a new one. I requested a refund. He said no problem…. So I don’t know what the deal is…

Back