• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Question

Like the others, I never bought sketchy gear when I worked as a climber and don’t plan to start now. The other part of it for me is that this is a small industry, the good people that have put in the time and effort to develop this segment of the hunting industry and took the risk to start a business have earned my patronage.

It wasn’t that long ago when practically everything saddle hunting was DIY. A lot of the small saddle companies now where the ones here sharing their ideas, improving designs, etc. It wouldn’t feel right to me at this point to not support them in order to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
I personally think my odds of dieing or getting hurt using this saddle versus one made in the USA are probably the same. To many factors at play. Lots of guys trust their lives to harnesses not made in the states. But I highly doubt this saddle will fail under normal use. I would check it closer for issues more than the others. I would take a used one off her before amazon.
But if that was my only option. Okay. But I will also qualify that by saying I have never put my hands on one. If it felt like plastic garbage I would send it right back.
My mind could be changed if someone had some hard proof of a fail though. Does anyone have first hand experience with it?
I would prefer to support a local company if possible.
Screenshot_20240325-203149-719.png

Last edited:
Would anyone on this forum consider/purchase/trust the inexpensive saddles being offered on Amazon?
Made in China
What’s your definition of inexpensive? There are some used ones on the classifieds here at a good price point. I’m sure they are way better quality and made in USA.

Would anyone on this forum consider/purchase/trust the inexpensive saddles being offered on Amazon?
Made in China
That’s a firm no. for just a bit more you can get an American made saddle, such as the CGM cobra. Your life is not worth the risk and the few bucks saved.

If my life is on the line, "No pun intended" I wouldn't trust anything made in China. Spend the extra money and buy something made in the good old USA. You and your family will sleep better knowing you are using something you can trust.

Back