• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How did you cook venison today?

Braised shank again this week. Knife not required.

a8f02f69a863ac9baba8450a7a6eff61.jpg

397eebaa42c66eab83cee6a261332156.jpg

e23a96b2df76c41f4287f30bb8cacba2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, looking at all these dishes make my mouth water . . . I just bought my 2024 Licenses today so this is as good as my 2023 venison gets!:tearsofjoy:

View attachment 101715

It’s supposed to be soup. Lol.

My year didn’t pan out that great either, too picky I guess and not enough time. But I inherited some venison, thankfully. Not that I didn’t help haul it out a couple of miles. Good eating, but I’m hungry for what I’m after too. 2024, we’ll be cooking.

Without getting into Bill Cosby issues, I have to recollect this Amish sourdough that I could get near Traverse City that was perfect for Walleye/Perch sandwiches. I had a lot of fun hunting NWLP, but the ice was an absolute blast. I’m put out I didn’t buy something to give me a placeholder there. I had my chances, but like 2023, guess I should have pulled the trigger.

Without getting into Bill Cosby issues, I have to recollect this Amish sourdough that I could get near Traverse City that was perfect for Walleye/Perch sandwiches. I had a lot of fun hunting NWLP, but the ice was an absolute blast. I’m put out I didn’t buy something to give me a placeholder there. I had my chances, but like 2023, guess I should have pulled the trigger.
A quote is a quote, give credit to the source . . .

As far as Traverse City goes, I grew up there and loved every minute of it. Can't imagine a better place to have grown up in the 70's. I will reluctantly say though that its not the place I grew up in anymore. Like a lot of places it has grown too big and feels to me like its bursting at the seams.

As far as Traverse City goes, I grew up there and loved every minute of it. Can't imagine a better place to have grown up in the 70's. I will reluctantly say though that its not the place I grew up in anymore. Like a lot of places it has grown too big and feels to me like its bursting at the seams.

I haven’t been back since the mid 2000s. Then, it was pretty chill after summer. I really loved it.

Back