• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pursuit Platform Gen 2 questions

would you be able to turn around on that? I have seen the first pursuit and didn't like seeing that movement but may concider the gen 2 if you guys say it is a lot better. I am getting the bullman ros tomarrow and I think I might want to have some sort of platform
What do u mean "turn around"? Like standing vertical with little tether tauntness, spin like standing on the ground?.....if that's what u mean then I'd say no. It's just a small place to rest ur feet and temporarily stand on...u are gonna be leaning or sitting majority of the time and push off of to maneuver IMO....maybe the 15 degrees side u can stand up vertical with little tether pressure and spin 180 idk....I only used the steeper side

would you be able to turn around on that? I have seen the first pursuit and didn't like seeing that movement but may concider the gen 2 if you guys say it is a lot better. I am getting the bullman ros tomarrow and I think I might want to have some sort of platform

I'd say no way you can fully stand and turn. You have to just rotate various ways similar to a ring of steps.

This platform has intrigued me since it was first launched. Now that they have the Gen2 version out that seems to handle the weight of bigger guys, it really has interested me so I picked one up used.

In my initial testing I really like it. Very solid on the tree, just enough room, lightweight and relatively easy for me to carry in. I’m 260lbs and it held my weight beautifully without problem. I did notice that when my shoes were wet that I had to be very careful or it would squeak a bit. Has anyone else had this problem? It might have been those particular shoes which are not the ones I hunt with. If so, was there something you did to quiet it down? I’m considering doing some paracord wrap to stop this on the 15* side which is the one I’m most likely to use.

In addition, how are you all carrying it in? I’m using it in conjunction with 3 squirrel/pioneer steps. Here’s what I’ve done so far. I just tuck the squirrel steps into the space from one side, wrap the OCB strap around the platform and secure it with a bit of bungee cord. I tied two loops of paracord, one on each corner than then chook those into some kydex clips I made for the back of my saddle. Seems to be working well.

View attachment 101635
View attachment 101636
View attachment 101637

I hope to give it a full test on a tree maybe Friday when this round of rain finally passes through.

Thanks everyone.
so is that the cobra saddle or the sidewinder? how do you like it? only sat in my cobra for about 15 min but waiting for the weather

I wonder if 7/64" amsteel would work better than paracord? I know it doesn't absorb water at the molecular level and dyneema is more abrasion resistant than kevlar.

Although with paracord I exploit the fact that it absorbs water and elongates by soaking it before doing the wrap (then it shrinks down even tighter).

Your soggy paracord issue might be a Florida thing. In WV, it just doesn't rain enough for it to be a routine bother.
Amsteel would be pretty slick though. That poly coating on a plastic platform, wouldn’t add much in the way of traction…

So, the more I use this platform the more I like it. Hoping to get a couple of practice climbs and setups in this next week as the weather is finally decent.

With that said, the squeaking is a bit of an issue and when my shoes were quite wet it did feel a bit slick so I decided to try something. I’ve used a wood burner to add texture to knife handles and even a polymer pistol frame with great success so I did this…

IMG_2720.jpeg
IMG_2721.jpeg

From initial testing I think this is going to help quite a bit. I don’t think it will entirely eliminate the chance for squeaking but should greatly reduce plus it added a lot of traction. I even did down the side since I will be pushing off there when using it in conjunction with a ring of steps. Now to get it in a tree again.

I also need a really good deal on some of the Platform steps. I’ve tried it with the squirrel steps and they work find but I think having the steps up higher would be a bit better. We’ll see.

From my experience it sticks out from the tree 1-2” more but not wider both are about 10” wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those of you who have tried a Scout Solo, how would you say the Pursuit platform compares in foot space?
Here’s a side by side with my 1-stick, the mini-Shikar with angled scout. As mentioned, no wider, but definitely deeper.

And with the Solo Scout, you have the plate on the backside that honestly reduces some of the usable space as well. I have a Solo Scout but don’t have it with me to do a side-by-side.

IMG_3805.jpeg

Here’s a Sol is out for those not familiar with it.

IMG_2504.jpeg

The Pursuit will stick out from the tree a good 1-2” more than the Solo Scout. On my 1-stick, the distance from the tree is about the same due to the standoff of the stick.

It’s the cobra and I absolutely love it. So comfortable.
I just got my Cobra in on Thursday. It seems like it's going to be a great saddle. I noticed the bride slipping through the Amsteel prusik on the left (non tendered side). It was a lot the first couple times weighting it (all the way to the stopper knot). Then just slightly when bouncing/shifting weight. Have you noticed that on yours? I'm wondering if that goes away as the rope breaks in.

I just got my Cobra in on Thursday. It seems like it's going to be a great saddle. I noticed the bride slipping through the Amsteel prusik on the left (non tendered side). It was a lot the first couple times weighting it (all the way to the stopper knot). Then just slightly when bouncing/shifting weight. Have you noticed that on yours? I'm wondering if that goes away as the rope breaks in.
It may need to just get fully set. Mine slipped just a tad bit at first but doesn’t move at all but I’m also 260 lbs so once it’s set, it’s really set.

Worst case you could add another wrap to give it more bite.

Back