• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tethrd - saddle buy back

Not bad… will dent their margins but a solid way to win over some “OG” guys who have 5 year old saddles… and who are the demographic most likely to trash talk Tethrd. And no doubt will create some net new demand rather than just competing for the same crowd that buys a new saddle every year or two anyway.

Not bad… will dent their margins but a solid way to win over some “OG” guys who have 5 year old saddles… and who are the demographic most likely to trash talk Tethrd. And no doubt will create some net new demand rather than just competing for the same crowd that buys a new saddle every year or two anyway.

Yeah, it’s a business move.

Makes the Eberhart saddle $46.29 though. If you’ve some junky turn in, that’s a deal if you trust the Chinese made Tethrd Saddle.

But it only brings the Phantom/Phantom XL down to market value. As for the others, it’s about what a 15-20% off sale is to market “comps”. And we see sales like that often enough.

Great for those who have been pining on a Tethrd saddle though.

I’ll be hanging onto my AH. But if I had a Mantis…I’d feel like they’re probably finally making things right…probably. That’s an assumption of course. I got an AH.

Regardless of whatever the end game is for this move they can spin it as they are watching out for everyone's "safety"..... getting old, "unsafe" saddles out of rotation and I assume destroying them. I think some of the manufacturers say to replace every 5 years correct?

Hard spin when they wouldn’t replace/refund Gen1 Predator platforms until they failed. That’s just off the top. But time has passed. 5 years maybe.

Regardless of whatever the end game is for this move they can spin it as they are watching out for everyone's "safety"..... getting old, "unsafe" saddles out of rotation and I assume destroying them. I think some of the manufacturers say to replace every 5 years correct?
I would like to know this. My CRUZR XC is going into season 5 this year.... Should probably email them.

They’re a fantastic company. They do whatever it takes to make their money. Like Hawk, but more cunning.
Yeah and now they have a new CEO, was with MeatEater among others. I see them selling out to that conglomerate under this guy. Good for them….. they’re laughing all the way to the bank.

Attachments

• IMG_6307.jpeg
    IMG_6307.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Yeah and now they have a new CEO, was with MeatEater among others. I see them selling out to that conglomerate under this guy. Good for them….. they’re laughing all the way to the bank.

Nice. I support the change of leadership there.

Last edited:
I can't believe they would do this. Everything I have read on here says they are the worst company out there in the hunting community.
Buy the used out of date saddles for $100 off a purchase of theirs. Then right before hunting season have some guys list them here in the classifieds for $175..
Great money making idea

Back