• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

beginner

1. D

Favorite Saddle for beginner?

What saddle would you recommend to a new saddle hunter?
  2. S

Failed Hunt - Get there early. Trust your instinct. Stay within your means.

Being a newbie hunter figuring things out on my own, I knew that I would have a long string of failures and mistakes I’d have to learn from before harvesting a deer. With each season, I continue to go through growing pains but with each hunt, I get closer to tagging that first deer. For the...
  3. S

Saddle Benefit: Using a Tree to Hide Your Body and Movement

When I first started looking into saddle hunting, one benefit that I kept seeing come up was using the tree to hide your body and movements from deer. Being a newbie, I had never hunted from a tree before getting my saddle so while I understood the concept in theory, I didn’t have the firsthand...
  4. Tony

Kestrel: Finally feel "right at home" in a tree

Got the new Kestrel tonight...Damn...I finally feel "right" in the tree. Let me back up. At work I occasionally climb communications towers, usually working at heights between 80 and 160 ft up. When your climbing these things, either you lobster claw all the way up (fall arrest lanyards) or...
Back