• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

“New Crossbow Scope”

Sipsey

Tired of settling for those 80 yard shots? Bolt one of the babies onto your supercharged crossbow machine and let em fly. Single pin aim point to 175 yards. Order yours today.
1605018627772.png

I’m all for technology that helps shooters be more accurate, and knowing the precise yardage is critical for flying arrows. Several years ago I mounted a Leopold laser range finder on my Excalibur cross bow. Its mounted to the side of my scope and adjusted to the crosshairs. It has an on/off button mounted near the trigger and gives a quick readout of the target. Works really well.

Technology is almost at the point does it really matter what weapon you used? The end goal is keeping the deer numbers in check, and the states are lucky they have hunters willing to pay to help them. It wont be long before we dont have individual seasons. It will be deer season, hunt with whatever weapon you want. Michigan has already eroded its muzzle loader season to include any firearm(in zone 3).

Technology is almost at the point does it really matter what weapon you used? The end goal is keeping the deer numbers in check, and the states are lucky they have hunters willing to pay to help them. It wont be long before we dont have individual seasons. It will be deer season, hunt with whatever weapon you want. Michigan has already eroded its muzzle loader season to include any firearm(in zone 3).
Honestly I think that makes tremendous sense. What difference does it make from a conservation standpoint if you remove a deer from the herd with a bow or gun?

Only reason I see for a need to specify equipment is in areas where you don't want bullets whizzing everywhere. Suburban areas, parks, that kinda thing

Honestly I think that makes tremendous sense. What difference does it make from a conservation standpoint if you remove a deer from the herd with a bow or gun?

Only reason I see for a need to specify equipment is in areas where you don't want bullets whizzing everywhere. Suburban areas, parks, that kinda thing
This is a valid point. I think it will be hard to sell though due to the "traditional" seasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back