• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

#138 Thread?

jhunter13

SH Member
Curiois where everyone buying their #138 thread?

Thanks

Thanks. You using nylon or poly?
Polyester for thread simply because nylon will allow more stretch and since my webbing is nylon, I don’t want an exaggerated amount of stretch. Also polyester doesn’t absorb water and it’s a little more UV resistant. Honestly either thread material would work.
It’s funny I prefer nylon for webbing but poly for the thread

I recommend Amman USA it seams to run smoother through the needle than A&E of similar size and color. Even the sew contractor we used reached out about which thread I used because the brand they hand wasn’t tensioning the same through the bartacks as mine was.. just my experience though

I recommend Amman USA it seams to run smoother through the needle than A&E of similar size and color. Even the sew contractor we used reached out about which thread I used because the brand they hand wasn’t tensioning the same through the bartacks as mine was.. just my experience though

Have you used serabond (bonded polyester) thread from Amann? It looks nice and has favorable pricing. I cannot find much on the serabond for outdoors gear.

Also, I did not see a tensile strength rating on their website. I did send out a request email to them for their tensile ratings for their Serabond in Tex 45 to 150.

I received pdf from Amann and have uploaded it.

View attachment Serabond_EN.pdf

Centinewton to pound force calculator

Looking at the pdf and the conversion calculator

T135 - 9,000 cN — which is 20.2328 pound force
T105 - 6,900 cN — which is 15.51182 pound force
And so on for the additional calculations

Anyone using Amann? Serabond? Serafil?

No. I have used thread from thread exchange. I have noticed that some thread seem to work (flow?) better than others even when they are the same size but just different colors. Where can you get that thread? Would be will to try on some projects?

No. I have used thread from thread exchange. I have noticed that some thread seem to work (flow?) better than others even when they are the same size but just different colors. Where can you get that thread? Would be will to try on some projects?

Serabond is available at Wawak.com. I may order some to try. Wawak is pretty delivery and flat 5.95 shipping or free over $99 order.

Have you used serabond (bonded polyester) thread from Amann? It looks nice and has favorable pricing. I cannot find much on the serabond for outdoors gear.

Also, I did not see a tensile strength rating on their website. I did send out a request email to them for their tensile ratings for their Serabond in Tex 45 to 150.
I haven’t used the serabond, but thread strength is somewhat universal across sizes and materials. Usually 21 lbs for tex 135 and around 14 for tex 70 (so 69)
I love the Amann thread. It’s better than A&E

I haven’t used the serabond, but thread strength is somewhat universal across sizes and materials. Usually 21 lbs for tex 135 and around 14 for tex 70 (so 69)
I love the Amann thread. It’s better than A&E

Thanks! Any feedback on Amann versus gütermann? Thx!

Back