• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1st day expections

gumby

Been a long off season, you have had time to try different saddles and semi settled on one for now. Read bout a zillion post and tried climbing methods till settling on the one that's right for you, maybe. Scouted, got pictures, found the perfect spot, that Buck of a life time is yours in your mind. Short night did not sleep well because of the BIG day ahead up real early and from a spouse perspective (you stupid) early. Got the scent control down, got the wind and it's daylight when your hear something,then see a movement through the woods, Yep, in your mind this is it here he comes, it's hero time. Then REALITY STRIKES. 1568981154043.png

Been a long off season, you have had time to try different saddles and semi settled on one for now. Read bout a zillion post and tried climbing methods till settling on the one that's right for you, maybe. Scouted, got pictures, found the perfect spot, that Buck of a life time is yours in your mind. Short night did not sleep well because of the BIG day ahead up real early and from a spouse perspective (you stupid) early. Got the scent control down, got the wind and it's daylight when your hear something,then see a movement through the woods, Yep, in your mind this is it here he comes, it's hero time. Then REALITY STRIKES. View attachment 16899

..... then reality strikes and I’m very excited cause I get the opportunity to shoot a doe and hone my predatory and archery skills for when the buck shows up. I also now have some delicious and valuable protein for the freezer.

Plus I just got 5 points for my team to help lead them to victory.

Sounds like a good day to me.

Back