• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1st Saddle Hunt was Awesome!

Thebigtim

Just got in from my first saddle hunt. It was a blast but I definitely need more practice. I made it up the tree in 1 trip but it was loud and slow. Also think a platform might be a better fit for me than the ring of steps. Lots of other improvements to consider.

Bottom line, I am hooked.

Fantastic! I am working on the loud part also. I figure if I am slow, I don't really care, as long as I am safe. About 25 minutes from base of tree to set up, about 20 minutes down.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Same here. Felt really loud the first few trips. Last trip up was pretty quiet until I dropped the WE Stepps bag as I was getting pack hanger set up. DOH!

Just had my first hunt this morning. Awesome; and I'm looking forward to getting out again. Next on my list are:
something to hang my gun on and knee pads. I used three screw in steps at the top and those worked fine for me both sitting and leaning.

I'm excited to here other newbie's experience/first impressions. I can't wait to get out there and try it out. Just waiting on my sitdrag and the modifications I will need to make. I bought these off Amazon, and I plan on using them as my platform.

Primal Tree Stands Strap On V-Treestep, 4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S9VGYT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FUhZBbYRAQKAY

Does anyone have experience with these?

New saddle hunter here too. I am glad to hear I am not the only one who is loud and slow. Took me 20 minutes to get up the tree I am sitting in right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New saddle hunter here too. I am glad to hear I am not the only one who is loud and slow. Took me 20 minutes to get up the tree I am sitting in right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will come together, just focus on safe & quiet. You’ll get quicker w/ reps.

Had my first trip Friday. It was awesome. Have primal steps on order as we speak awaiting them to make the hardwood platform. Already built me a knaider and swaider. Super excited to put it all together. Was also very slow but was worth every moment. When that fork and horn came in looked at me just as hard as he could at about 5yds and couldn't figure it out. Than walked around. Welcome to the club gents.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

How’s it going everyone. I had my first sit this past weekend. I am in the same boat as everyone else with the fact it took me a little bit to get up the tree and wasn’t as quiet as I would like it to be. I have already been doing some research and rewatching videos on how to tweak my setup. One of my biggest struggles was getting the spacing from my last step to my platform and getting my teather at the right height so I’m not leaning back to far and have plenty of adjustment. I’m excited to be apart of the saddle hunting community l! Be safe everyone!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Just had my last sit last night too! It was awesome, but lots of improvement to be had. I went into it just thinking that it was a trial run and didn't expect to see anything really. I ended up watch a buck chase a doe around and having deer within 10 yards of me. They had no clue I was there. I used the swaider and knaider mehtod and man it was super easy and quick. Just added some zip ties to help keep the loops on my boots. I think as I keep practicing I will become more and more efficient!
How’s it going everyone. I had my first sit this past weekend. I am in the same boat as everyone else with the fact it took me a little bit to get up the tree and wasn’t as quiet as I would like it to be. I have already been doing some research and rewatching videos on how to tweak my setup. One of my biggest struggles was getting the spacing from my last step to my platform and getting my teather at the right height so I’m not leaning back to far and have plenty of adjustment. I’m excited to be apart of the saddle hunting community l! Be safe everyone!! :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back