• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1st time in a tree today.

jmeblen

Finally got everything in,USPS has sucked lately in my area with delivery estimate. So yesterday I took my 8 wild edge stepps and my trophyline saddle and got up in the tree. I started low and on the 5th climb I was using all 8 steps and up to 14 feet. I know thats not the 20ft that everybody strives for but i was happy with it. I'm throwing together a platform tonight, we'll see how that turns out.

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_183527_697.jpg
    IMG_20200802_183527_697.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 100
Aaaaaannnnnnddddd that’s how the fall down the rabbit hole begins....

You know, you really should [insert better/fancier/expensive/gear intensive advice here]! Hahaha! Welcome, have fun and be safe. I started in March and I'm so far down the rabbit hole that it's starting to get warmer!

I was in the same boat yesterday. I decided I needed to do a practice run to full height to see how fast and high I could go on my first attempt. I am running 3 LW sticks with an aider for the bottom stick and a predator platform. I got the platform to 16ft fairly easily and it took me 18 min from walking up to the tree to hunt ready. I definitely need to get more efficient in the time it takes.

You know, you really should [insert better/fancier/expensive/gear intensive advice here]! Hahaha! Welcome, have fun and be safe. I started in March and I'm so far down the rabbit hole that it's starting to get warmer!
“Hide your debit and credit cards.” <——- my best advice for a new guy.

There’s nothing wrong with 14ft IMO. I don’t get much more than that when I use my WE steps by themselves. Then I get a little comfortable and start stretching for each step up and I get a bit higher. This year I have a one step aider to help too but honestly I don’t like aiders of any kind. Maybe I just haven’t practiced with them enough. But the WE aider is by far my favorite I’ve tried so far.

BTW how do you like the steps? I love mine but I have 2-3 other ways up a tree I also use.

That Trophyline saddle looks nicer than I remember them looking. Yes welcome to the deep DEEP rabbit hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back