• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1st trial with knaider swaider

BayouBeauxhunter

My first run with the knaider and swaider was a little sketchy. On a small tree I had a hard time feeling stable. I had to try real hard to keep my foot in place. Getting up to second step was difficult to get the knaider set. I had a hard time getting my knee inside my linesman rope. Going down was much easier than I expected but one time coming down the knaider foot loop came off without me realizing. Once I figured out the problem it was no issue getting it back on, but if that had happened in the dark I’m not sure how I would have fared. I’ll keep practicing but I’m not sure the 3lb weight savings over my current method is worth it. With two sticks, 1 wild edge step and moveable aider I can get 20ft for 7lbs + platform. I believe I could get about 22-24 feet with WE steps for 4lbs + platform.

Back