• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 piece bridge

CharlieRayT

Two piece 1/4 Amsteel bridge. Essentially two Amsteel dog bones larks head attached to climbing loops meet in the middle attached to carabiner and tree rope? Thoughts on this? Ability to turn all the way around may be hindered but how far do you really need to turn for a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose you can girth hitch to the saddle and hook the other two ends to the tether caribiner.
Advantage... No caribiner at the saddle attachment points??? And it is removable from the saddle.

It would definitely work from a strength perspective. My bridge slides a lot through my carabiner and I think I would miss that. Worth a try I suppose!

A bridge that stays attached that I don’t have to step through putting saddle on and off.

Gotcha! It sounds solid, like it would work. It seems like you would be hanging from a mid point like hanging from a RC?

It would definitely work from a strength perspective. My bridge slides a lot through my carabiner and I think I would miss that. Worth a try I suppose!

Agree that I like to allow my bridge to slide as I move around....

Gotcha! It sounds solid, like it would work. It seems like you would be hanging from a mid point like hanging from a RC?

Yes it would be similar. I think I’ll try it for the convenience factor I’m looking for and if it restricts my movement in the saddle I’ll know right off. Nothing ventured.....

Yes it would be similar. I think I’ll try it for the convenience factor I’m looking for and if it restricts my movement in the saddle I’ll know right off. Nothing ventured.....

Make an adjustable bridge. Ie whoppie sling so it is easier to step through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think then I would have the extra material to have to deal with. I found myself always using about the same length bridge so I would tend to lean more towards a fixed length setup.

Back