• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

wvfarrier

So, this hunt started in the saddle but he either scented me or saw something he didnt like. i fast roped down and stslked him for about 100 yards before getting my shot (ASAT camp for the win). I was a littlw disappointed that the hard maple shaft didnt perform better. Shot was 18 yards. obsidian point and an osage self bow. He still ran over 400 yards with an arrow through the heart. I nearly gave up the search for the evening

Last edited:
Congratulations!!
One tough animal!! 400 yards with that shot placement seems pretty crazy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Great story, climbed down and stalked. That's something I never think of doing. Good work.

wow cool kill with the selfbow/obsidian point. Crazy he went 400yds.

Back