• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2017 set ups & pics

cobra_archer

sd 2 2017.png sd 3 2017.png I started a thread like this last year. I have changed out a bunch of gear since then. The 2017 hunting season I plan on using a SD with a 24" bridge w/ 2 triple lock carabiners. HSS tether with a ropeman to SD and prussik to harness. My safety harness is an Alpine bod, with webbing and water knots to attach to a lineman's belt. Besides the water knot method, how are you attaching your lineman's belt to your harness? The lineman's belt is a lone wolf stick strap with a black diamond carabiner. I will be using 3 muddy sticks with an aider attached to the bottom stick. I should add I'm a lefty.

What is your set up this year?

Attachments

• sd 4 2017.png
    sd 4 2017.png
    552.5 KB · Views: 82
If you are using a screw in step like that in the tree to keep your tether from sliding down, you should turn the step upside down from how you have it now and let the rope sit between the step and the tree. This will reduce the wear on your rope.

Back