• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2018 Eberhart's Workshop and seminar dates

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
I'm sure you guys get sick and tired of me posting my workshop stuff on this site, but you have to realize that my goal is to help hunters be more successful and convert as many as possible over to using a harness. Of course I make some money off the workshops and only started doing them because of taking a huge pay cut on my regular job.

Anyway, here goes for what I currently have booked for 2018 concerning Expo seminar dates and 2 day Whitetail Workshop dates and there are a lot of 2017 attendee testimonials on a different thread on this site.

2018 Workshop dates:

Weekend Whitetail Workshops (1 day in field and 1 day interactive seminar) will be held in Central Michigan and the projected dates are: Feb. 24/25, March 10/11, April 14/15 and 28/29, May 12/13. More dates will follow.

Here's what the workshops are all about:

*****Whether you’re hunting public land, knock-on-doors for free permission, family owned, leased or managed property, or you travel hunt; attending an Eberhart’s Whitetail Workshop or having John personally scout a property will provide the insights to make you a serious threat to any buck you pursue.

Make no mistake, Eberhart’s Whitetail Workshops are NOT land management workshops, they are educational workshops for hunters with the desire to learn how and what to do to take mature bucks no matter where they currently hunt or will hunt in the future.

Why John Eberhart? In 53 seasons John’s scouted 14 public parcels and several dozen knock-on-doors for free permission properties in Michigan and has taken fifty seven 2 ½ years old and older bucks with his bow from those properties with 30 of them making the Commemorative Bucks of Michigan record book.

Since 1997 John’s taken 19 P&Y class bucks on his 21 week long out of state bowhunting trips and they came from 13 different properties in 5 different states. Knowing what to look for when scouting and how to properly set up on it and hunt it obviously had a lot to do with his 90 plus percent success rate as none of those parcels were pre visited and scouted prior to the actual hunting trips.

The real qualifier that separates John from most others is he’s never; owned land, hunted a relative’s property or paid a dime to hunt anywhere, choosing to exclusively hunt heavily pressured public lands, free walk-on, and knock on doors for free permission properties.

Many hunters spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars of their hard earned money on; constantly upgrading their hunting equipment, buying new gadgets advertised on TV, bad ass looking vehicles, motion cameras, bait, land management, tricked out quads, hunting stands, etc., with the thought process that it will magically make them more successful, and that can’t be farther from the truth.

Then there’s the aspect of utilizing your time to its fullest potential because free time is not only precious; it has value. Scouting, location preparation, practicing, hunting and even traveling to hunt all consume the limited free time many hunters have, especially those with kids and families, so take advantage of John’s 53 years of experience, knowledge, and credentials by allowing him to show and tell in detail how to utilize your time to its fullest potential.

There’s an old saying that’s very true, “it’s not the bow, it’s the Indian” and if you ever saw John’s bow, you’d know it’s true because while it's effective, it's archaic. John wants you to become that Indian as well because whether you have the best equipment money can buy or not is irrelevant if your hunting skill and strategy doesn’t allow you the opportunity to utilize it.

Spending a lot of time on stand in locations not well-suited for daytime mature buck activity should never be an acceptable strategy or plan, so make this one time investment to assure you’re in the right types of places, their prepared properly, your scent control regimen is adequate, and you’re there at the right times of day and season. After all doesn’t it get a bit old taking nice pictures of good bucks on motion camera's and then not being able to kill them.

Each 2 day in-field/classroom Workshop will cost $600 for adults and $300 for attendees under the age of 18.

Lodging and meals not included

All attendee information is on the Whitetail Workshop link on my website at: www.deer-john.net or at: www.eberhartswhitetailworkshop.com

Scouting properties costs will be done on a case by case basis with the base cost being $800 per day of scouting and preparing locations if time permits. Issues influencing cost will be travel distance, overnight stays and the amount of hunters that attend.

Call John in evenings or on weekends at 989-644-6067 or e-mail John at deerjohn51@gmail.com to schedule an available event date.

Payments are non-refundable but John will be happy to schedule you on a future date

Workshops and scouting properties are both described in detail on my website at: www.eberhartswhitetailworkshop.com or at: www.deer-john.netJohn Eberhart with 37 of his 63 deer heads hanging in the Jay's Clare store.JPG

2018 Expo's and Shows that John will be doing seminars at:

Am already booked for doing 3 to 5 seminars each at:

Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo in Columbus (March 16-18, 2018)
Wisconsin Deer & Turkey Expo in Madison (April 6-8, 2018)
Michigan Outdoorama in Novi (March 1-4, 2018)
Akron/Canton Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Show in Akron Ohio (March 24-25, 2018)

Back