• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2021 gone right

RamBam

Many of us started our deer season today. How’s everyone’s first day going ? Michigan opener was very good weather and a nice morning.

Pa opens tomorrow, I'll be hunting the evening only tomorrow. Family first and it's the season of festivals.....
WV opened last Saturday, I was on deer before I even got to the tree. I bumped a real good buck off a bed I've never seen used before less then 50 yards fromthe tree I've hunted alot over the years. There must had been a super early hot doe in the area, I had a small forky push a small doe past me grunting and not 15 minutes later a solid first day buck came in to 17 yards and gave me a shot. I had a great "early rut" hunt only in September.... off to a great start this year.

Texas opened this morning, 85 degrees an fog. Didnt go. Rained all day till about 3, was at lease by 3:45 and got 40 yards into my walk down the road leading to one of my spots and a buck comes up on road and power walks right into my lane and turns right in front of one of my presets. I just turned around an tried to beat the skeeters back to the truck. Didnt want to blow him out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Opening morning in Michigan a little before 8 I had 3 doe come by. Last year a few times I had a group of 3 come by a few times, and she winded me, or busted me moving. Not sure if she was the same doe or not. But in my mind it was, and I let the air out of her lungs fast. In my mind I got revenge. Lol. And meat in the freezer.

Opening morning in Michigan a little before 8 I had 3 doe come by. Last year a few times I had a group of 3 come by a few times, and she winded me, or busted me moving. Not sure if she was the same doe or not. But in my mind it was, and I let the air out of her lungs fast. In my mind I got revenge. Lol. And meat in the freezer.
Very well could be. I have two groups in my at home spots. 3 does all together for the last 4 years. Then I have a buck and 2 does that are always together. Barely separate during rut then in the summer I see them again. I can always tell the buck cause he always looks jumpy.

Opening day here.
The morning was slow, I figured it would be. The place I wanted to go isn't a high traffic area but I just like it there. Saw 7 does.
Afternoon hunt was pretty good. Lots of deer, as expected.
Just not the one I hoped to see

Had to work today. I took a walk with the wife after dinner. Group of does in the field along the way ran off. They were like 300yrds away. They know what's up seems all ready. I think they need few days to settle down again..

Back