• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2022 Game Changer

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Screenshot_20220124-034948_Gallery.jpg

This little dude and a burr grinder. For whatever reason, it makes strong coffee that doesn't make me crap like a goose 20 minutes post-consumption. Previously I've been a big 5 hour or no-doze guy for my neurostimulant fix. This is much tastier, cheaper, and dare I say...classier. And you can make the same coffee you drink at your house every morning on a jon boat or tail gate in the boonies.

Welcome to the club. These are great. I use an espresso grind. If you want another great coffee experience try French press. Unlike the moka pot it requires two vessels. IMO when done properly you can extract the exact nature of the bean. For the moka pot any old grinder will do but the French press requires a burr grinder unless you don't mind the sediment at the bottom of the cup. Your right about the fact you can make the same good cup wherever you are. That piece alone elevates camping to glamping.

Last edited:
Purc'd coffee is the best, these little guys make some fine brew....easy to take camping too!

That moka makes a stout cup.

Check this out if you want to shed a few ounces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got me an espresso maker for Christmas. Just need to get me another zojirushi travel mug so i can have two with me in the tree filled with caffeinated goodness.

I was considering quitting coffee in 2022 to see what caffeine free would feel like. But then in December I toured a coffee plantation in Colombia and got schooled on grinding beans, and using multiple brew methods (including moka, it’s wonderful). Immediately/ironically after I returned from vacation my drip maker died and I had to switch to my French press, using fresh beans. Then, my wife gave me a pour-over and a Turkish briki pot for Christmas… ain’t no way I’m quitting coffee this year.

I drink coffee constantly but nothing fancy like this. I guess I got some learnin' to do!!

So where is the link to buy one. So this site done went from saddle buying frenzy to appliances frenzy

View attachment 60680

This little dude and a burr grinder. For whatever reason, it makes strong coffee that doesn't make me crap like a goose 20 minutes post-consumption. Previously I've been a big 5 hour or no-doze guy for my neurostimulant fix. This is much tastier, cheaper, and dare I say...classier. And you can make the same coffee you drink at your house every morning on a jon boat or tail gate in the boonies.
Strong coffee lol, yea it’s a espresso maker. If you’re drinking a whole cup from it then you are gonna be jacked. I am surprised it doesn’t run through you though.

I was considering quitting coffee in 2022 to see what caffeine free would feel like. But then in December I toured a coffee plantation in Colombia and got schooled on grinding beans, and using multiple brew methods (including moka, it’s wonderful). Immediately/ironically after I returned from vacation my drip maker died and I had to switch to my French press, using fresh beans. Then, my wife gave me a pour-over and a Turkish briki pot for Christmas… ain’t no way I’m quitting coffee this year.
Caffeine-free was good for me. It opened my eyes to the fact that even though it's totally unregulated and socially acceptable even in the squarest circles, it's a helluva drug. I now understand that the majority of us are walking around drugged up, trying to interact with other drugged up people, and we're so used to it we never even consider that a lot of our everyday problems are a direct result of our habit.

Once I was off of it, I realized the potential for it to impact your psyche in a big way. Too much makes me anxious and irritable, and the effect is compounded and turned into an ugly cycle when you factor in disrupted and shortened sleep cycles. Lord help you if you wind yourself up with caffeine (maybe throw in some sugar just to be thorough), and then wind yourself down with ethanol. Rinse and repeat uppers and downers...perfectly legal and respectable-like.

For me, realizing it's a drug and not a food item was a positive. I now treat it like a drug. Just like you shouldn't drink on a bad day to cope, I try not to drink caffeine to power through a stressful day. I don't make decisions when I'm coffeed up, and I take my emotions and thoughts with a grain of thought. I try to make one really good cup early in the morning, enjoy the taste and the buzz, and give it a rest. That's a big change from my office junky days where I'd blow through 2 or 3pots of whatever I could get my hands on a day plus cokes/redbulls/sweet tea and wonder why I hated everything all the time and couldn't sleep.

I'm still more or less a cup a day guy. I enjoy my altered state. It's legal, and it doesn't really hurt anybody but myself. Wife found out that the cons outweigh the pros and really doesn't drink it regular anymore. I'd encourage everybody who uses it habitually to detox and take a moment to appreciate the humor of a society that can declare a War on Drugs and then fight that War while on drugs, and never even register it. And see how life looks like with the stimulant goggles off. If nothing else, it'll give you a new appreciation for your favorite substance.

I quit coffee a few months ago. Used to drink 2-3 cups a day. The headache for the first 24-36 hours was something.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Makes great espresso! I like using mine when truck camping. for convenience tho, the jetboil French press is hard to beat for packing around

I want to try this pot. For backcountry, I carry a French press for my jetboil. Quick and decent. Beats instant any day and is light. I love my Joe but have cut back because I realized its hold on me. I quit it for a bit but with 2 boys under 5 it helps me get cranking in the morning and another cup around 3 keeps me going. I did quit the dippin altogether finally. That was whole nutha story!

Back