• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2022 starting lineup - 2 TC/Rappel and SRT on preset loops

TommyDee

Got a solid 3 hours of practice in, and feel I’m good enough to name the starting climbing method for 2022. Now just need to practice a few more times when scouting. Always interested in any critiques from the experts on here, and thanks to the 2TC pioneers:

Foot Tether (left dump pouch): Repurposed latitude tether 8 mm oplux with @always89y foot loop carabinered to the swabish.

Main tether/rappel (right pouch) : 35 ft canyon IV 9mm with some latitude clip on tenders, s biner, and a piece of bungee tied in a messed up Celtic knot to keep the delta link from slipping. Holding me is a Mammut smart 2.0 backed up with a michochan. I put my hand in the way i figured out how to control it during the rappel, with the exception that i need to also pull that Celtic bungee down with me. (I’ve forgotten this twice already)

1657394905216.jpeg

Also in left pouch: 3rd Tether for limb passing or to hunt from if SRTing, or (also a latitude 8 mm oplux with swabish), hero clip, back up biner, Dyneema pull up line. If I’m planning to hunt off a preset paracord, the SRT hand ascender will go in left pouch, and the gri gri will take the place of the Mammut smart/michochan combo on my rappel line. I’ll always have the backup method in my backpack (use a 3rd pouch to keep it neat).

1657395188170.jpeg

Silent approach ROS, (worn in for smaller hikes < 1 mile)

In Pack : SRT stuff: hand ascender, GriGri and biner, paracord loop(s) for new presets
1657395233232.jpeg

When it gets cold, or if I’m hunting trees with many limbs, maybe I’ll haul in my tried and true 3 hawk heliums with black diamond etrier. (But I’ll still rappel down) I’ll also hold onto the predator XL for the rut (all day hangs). Maybe end of season, i can sell the sticks and the predator XL, but we’ll see.

Attachments

• 1657395149906.jpeg
    1657395149906.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Looks good but like most things, the best laid plans don’t survive contact with the enemy.

Your climbing methods seem solid with enough variation for location and conditions. However, don’t be too rigid in your methods and allow for conditions and experience to change your methods throughout the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back