• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

20XX Saddle Build

zer0

Problem:
show_me_what_you_got_rick_morty.gif

The basics:
Payed it forward with my last saddle at the end of the season. 2020 Honeydew life put a new build off until crunch time.

Solution:
Open up the tub of gear building supplies and start fresh.
2020.saddle.jpg

I ended up with a slimmer design than my last build, and was reminded how much fun it is to make pieces of kit.

IMG_20200908_153703539 - Edited.jpg

Time to get an order in to @DanO for some rope, biners and more web

Started off without a flashy name for this new tree diaper, and just enough webbing to get the job done.

Cut out a seat panel and got to work

IMG_20200909_002948297 - Edited.jpg

I did some layout and a test fit with hardware installed for the leg loops.

IMG_20200909_043256613 - Edited.jpg

Can't say that I was a fan of the mounting arrangement, or hardware size on the leg loops. Stitching the leg loops together without the hardware got me back to that familiar feeling.

Got a hold of @DanO for the local supply.
New ropes, biners, and some tenders to give a shot.

new.rope.jpg

rigged everything up, and after a few test swings in the yard at ground level, and a single step height. It was time to climb.

test.height.jpg

quick test run in the woods after work to remember step spacing and the wild edge knot, was like riding a bike!

test.swing.jpg

Back