• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2TC - Passing a Limb

^^^ That's some good thinking right there!
I hate passing limbs while 2TCing and I can't wait to try that out.

Thanks.

I hate passing limbs too, kept trying to reinvent the wheel then went back to my roots. My NFPA 1006 practical (a long time ago) was to pass knots on our climbing rope. The tree limb is essentially a knot in your line so the same principal holds true. The caveat though is both tethers need to be setup the same.

Thanks.

I hate passing limbs too, kept trying to reinvent the wheel then went back to my roots.

Yea that's the cool part - how simple it is...

The caveat though is both tethers need to be setup the same.
Maybe not ?
I haven't tried it yet but I'm definitely going to and I can already picture myself using about 10 different tethers... :D

Ok, I finally got a chance to go out and try this...
I'm guessing that you run a really short bridge when you're 2TCing?
When I reached the first branch and snugged my tether right under it and sat back in my saddle I couldn't reach the branch anymore. :rolleyes: It was a little tricky to tighten up my bridge while standing on my foot tether because I hardly ever adjust my bridge on that saddle and those knots were TIGHT! o_O

I'm gonna have to regroup and try again soon...

If I remember, I shorten my bridge while climbing but not always. Another thing you can do is wrap your legs around the trunk before shifting the load to the new tether, kinda like climbing a tree when you were a kid.

The idea isn’t to use you legs to climb as much as to lock your lower body in place while you take up the load on the new tether.

Another option, depending on how you climb, is to move your hitch/mechanical as close to the limb as possible on the lower tether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another option, depending on how you climb, is to move your hitch/mechanical as close to the limb as possible on the lower tether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I needed to do that tonight too. Mechanicals would be your friend doing this! I had none in my satchel tonight...

Back