• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

3 deer get a boat ride... (with video)

catman529

Sunday afternoon I boated into a small piece of overlooked public land that I’ve been trying to kill a deer out of. It’s overrun with deer and there is fresh sign almost everywhere you go.

I’ll leave out the details of the hunt since it’s all in the video. But basically I was stillhunting (left the saddle in the boat) and spotted one doe on the bed, stalked closer and found it was 3 deer, so I waited till a couple of em got up and gave me a clear shot and I managed to kill all 3 of them.

19c5304db20d3b972b7a99236af4b62d.jpg

Two of them were donated to Hunters for the Hungry. They both turned out to be button bucks, which kind of sucks, but at least they will be put to good use.

The other one was the doe that I spotted first. She looked kind of funny, I thought she might be old...check out the jawbone pics below.

ec9173d3e3b447df9ec984162da1a4d6.jpg

62747966f79cb868f4ac7af55007f979.jpg

7aaf566631bd626a9911ff64af4a9616.jpg

74fd997e736f38e39a58cd4567f709d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good job on the video. Was that an island or just easier or better way to access the spot? I have a boat, but not really finding spots that it would be an advantage.

Good job on the video. Was that an island or just easier or better way to access the spot? I have a boat, but not really finding spots that it would be an advantage.

Not an island but some of it doesn’t have access from a public road so you need a boat.

Not an island but some of it doesn’t have access from a public road so you need a boat.

Nice, that's what I've been looking for. Those buttons are hard to see when they break thru like that. I think that's pretty rare, I don't recall ever seeing one that wasn't fur covered.

Nice. Video... Glad the regs got relaxed. Where I hunt, bucks need to be either a spike or have a 13 inch spread. At times, it's hard to make a determination if it's a doe or not at a distance

That was a great hunt and a great video Cat! I was the first one to comment on it. I feel famous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back