• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

3 step aider worth the trouble?

Matki15

After ordering 15 feet of tubular webbing to experiment with for a bridge I ended up with a long leftover piece and figured I could make a 4 or 5 step aider to use on my bottom cranford step. I didn’t have enough webbing so it turned into a 3 step aider. If I use it my first step is at the 5 foot mark, which helps but doesn’t seem like much. Is it worth using or should I just order more webbing to make a 5 step?

I actually just got a 5 set aider and I think a 3 or 4 would have been better. The thing is that I’m short (5’4”) so reaching over my head to hang a step only gets me to about 6’. So then the first step on the aider is almost on the ground. So my solution is that I throw on a primal step (WE knockoff) about 18” high and then hang my second step from there and attach my aider. This gets me about 7’. Then take of the first step off to use for my second step once I climb the aider and get on the step. So I think if you hung a step or sticks as high as possible you can probably still get your foot in the first step of the 3 step aider.

Or you can do this. I was actually thinking of using a longer prussik so give a little more length to attach the aider. But then you have to see if you can make that last step from the aider to the step. If you had like a foot hanging down prom the prussik it would give you another foot of step height

Attachments

• C62CD423-A846-4CF4-899B-B549B939896C.jpeg
    C62CD423-A846-4CF4-899B-B549B939896C.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 50
Or you can do this. I was actually thinking of using a longer prussik so give a little more length to attach the aider. But then you have to see if you can make that last step from the aider to the step. If you had like a foot hanging down prom the prussik it would give you another foot of step height
Good idea! I’m 6’4” so the stretch from the aider to the step wouldn’t be bad at all

Back