• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

30" Hawk Helium Step Broke

Ohio Angler

Just thought I would share with you all. The very first time I went out last week I placed my 30" stick on the tree. Mt very first time using these and the very first step I took on them and this is my result. Thank goodness I wasn't 18' up. I will be contacting Hawk shortly but wanted to share it with you all.

Attachments

• HS8.jpg
    HS8.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 314
  • HS7.jpg
    HS7.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 311
  • HS6.jpg
    HS6.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 288
  • HS5.jpg
    HS5.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 280
  • HS3.jpg
    HS3.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 268
Just thought I would share with you all. The very first time I went out last week I placed my 30" stick on the tree. Mt very first time using these and the very first step I took on them and this is my result. Thank goodness I wasn't 18' up. I will be contacting Hawk shortly but wanted to share it with you all.
Bruh. I'm going to go ahead and ask since we're all thinking it... just how big a boy are ya?

My issue with Helium sticks is nowhere as scary as yours. But I've been trying to get someone at Hawk to respond for over a week. I know Covid is creating problems for everyone, but a week? I've tried email and phone, no response. 3 of the suction cup posts broke the first time I used my sticks, I'm hoping Hawk sells replacement posts.

My issue with Helium sticks is nowhere as scary as yours. But I've been trying to get someone at Hawk to respond for over a week. I know Covid is creating problems for everyone, but a week? I've tried email and phone, no response. 3 of the suction cup posts broke the first time I used my sticks, I'm hoping Hawk sells replacement posts.
I don’t believe they do. Have heard of lots of people contacting them in order to buy extra steps, standoffs, etc. and they will not sell them

Sent them an email with a pic of questionable mounting bracket position. Not drilled correctly, looks like it might not be safe. No response.

I agree c19 has changed things for companies, but this tactic of not staffing call centers is bs. They have simply shifted ppl to shipping etc to keep up with increased online demand. Midway was doing that over the summer. In my mind, c19 is an excuse to prioritize sales instead of service.

I agree c19 has changed things for companies, but this tactic of not staffing call centers is bs. They have simply shifted ppl to shipping etc to keep up with increased online demand. Midway was doing that over the summer. In my mind, c19 is an excuse to prioritize sales instead of service.

Hopefully not to late but don't send them pics with that amsteel attached, easy way for them to get out of a warranty.

I have same sticks and have thought about that as a possibility, just not much material there. I keep my feet touching center bar always

Are those brand new sticks? They look like they have some paint/wear on them for it to be your first time using them.

Do you think it was just a defective step? Have you tried to put some weight on the other steps in your set?
I can send you a replacement Hawk step from when I cut down my sticks if you want. Let me know.

Are those brand new sticks? They look like they have some paint/wear on them for it to be your first time using them.

Do you think it was just a defective step? Have you tried to put some weight on the other steps in your set?
I can send you a replacement Hawk step from when I cut down my sticks if you want. Let me know.
These are Brand Spanking new. I painted them and they have been hanging in my garage. The worn look is from my paint job.
I would gladly pay for the step. I will send you a PM.
Thanks,
JM

Seems like hawk as a whole has gone to crap. Yeah their customer service is garbage. But the best customer service is making products that don’t break. They seem to have walked away from doing that. I’m hearing bad things all over about their stuff. I think those of you who are having issues with your gear should have a little party on their social media. The kinds of things I’m hearing aren’t just quality control problems, they’re defective products and negligence.

Back