• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

4 step eterier for Wild Edge steps

dbinz

Hey fellas,
I've been tinkering and fine tuning lengths on this beauty over the last week, and figured I'd share to help save anyone trying this to save time.
18ft of 1" tubular webbing
3 ft of camo gaffers tape
1 hook stolen from a ratchet straps.
4 ft of 550 Paracord
Started at the top running a frost knot with the hook tied in. Then spaced my first knot 14" from the hook to the knot. Then all the other knots are 14" apart. The stepping loops is roughly 6" wide and weighted with gaffers tape. I may try Paracord at some point depending on how well the tape hold up. Lastly I have about 4 ft of Paracord ran from the hook to fasten to myself somewhere to avoid crouching standing on the WE step. This is a combination of multiple YouTube vids so by no means is this all my idea.
It's a way to climb 6-7 ft by only spending $20 or so.

Screenshot_2019-04-14-12-35-03.pngScreenshot_2019-04-14-12-35-07.pngScreenshot_2019-04-14-12-35-10.png

Super simple and super cheap. It's just a bunch of overhand knots. What are you doing to weigh the steps?

I am using this whip knot with paracord:
and explained more in depth here:

Right now I am testing these with Cranford steps because I have them. Maybe I will run in to some WE stepps at some point.
With my height/reach and using Cranfords, the bottom step on a four-stepp aider isn't much use at ground level.
Overall, it works well. Buy webbing in bulk and save a bundle!

All my tapes getting peeled off pretty soon. That p cord wrapping seems much better

IMG_0358.jpg

I busted out my daughters sewing machine and made a movable aider for my sticks. I sewed in 3/8 rope to keep steps rigid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back