• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

6mm Prusik Cord?

emrah.oruc.7

So I want to use a 6mm prusik cord on my 8mm rope as a secondary/backup lineman’s belt. What’s the best place or brand to order from?

Are the sewn ones strong enough?

Other than one prusik I have no use for 6mm rope so I don’t want to buy a bunch.

Thanks,

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterling 6mm accessory cord can be had for $20 for 50 foot, look on amazon

There are a bunch of different cords in 5.5, and 6mm that are rated as high or higher than many of the 8mm ropes we use. It’s all a little overkill for a lineman’s, but I’m of the belief that it’s worth having it serve dual purpose if you can. Quick google searches of ‘strongest 6mm Prusik’ Or something of that nature, turns up plenty of info. Take ya two seconds !

Yeah I found a bunch. I guess I was looking for first hand experience. I see some bluewater 6mm on Amazon I might try

Emrah

Also, don’t assume that the Prusik will work well with your choice of rope. They all “work” in a sense. But they’re friction hitches, meaning some will generate more friction than others. Load them up at ground level and make sure they grab well enough for what you’re doing with them.

Ordered 20’ of that GM Climbing accessory cord. Should be here in a few days.

Emrah

Back