• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

7/64 th amsteel bridge?

NCHunter48

Curious- anyone out there using 7/64 amsteel as a bridge?
I have some extra laying around... Was thinking of doubling it...( 2- bridges essentially) simultaneous.... Any thoughts?

I am using it with my fleece saddle. I am also wearing a rock climbing harness as a backup so I have a little safety net. I have not had any trouble with it just make sure that you splice it and do not tie knots in it because the knots will decrease the load carrying capability. Don't knot it like I did but here is a picture of it
62935dcd568883e21aacab5de307cc3c.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Cool. I'm planning on some redundancy for safety as well, but thought I would give the 7/64 a shot.
Thanks

I know 7/64 is plenty strong, but I always worry about that small diameter being nicked by a broad head and not having enough strands to continue supporting me.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

I use it on my fleece saddle, but am always tied in with a tether to my RCH.

I agree...., Along with the redundancy of another harness, that is why i was thinking of a double strand.

Back