• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

80/20

kenn1320

Anyone try this for platform or sticks? Looks to be very strong and reasonable prices.

Its actually pretty expensive compared to aluminum tube, but that didn't stop me from using it extensively inside my new cargo trailer. The stuff is easy to work with and really strong. I was thinking about using a scrap piece to test as a stick, but I have a few more bed frames to make for the trailer so can't spare any yet. If/when I do I'll post the results.

12" pieces.
80/20 30mm x 30mm = $10.95
1.25" 6061-T6 with rouded corners 1/8 wall =$6.01

For the little we would use, its not horrible and maybe gives us some additional options. Building stuff like you are doing where your ordering bulk lengths, likely gets pricey but convenient.

Where 80/20 gets you is in the hardware and shipping. Luckily there are aftermarket alternatives for 80/20 like TNUTZ on eBay. Also, 80/20 has an eBay outlet for overruns so check them out too.

I don't know about making sticks with it but it makes a great deer hauler...

11-9-12_038_%28Small%29.jpg

I need more pics of how you mount it please. When I built a gun blind this yr I happened to have a brush hog on for ballast and used it as a mini trailer sorta. I had a wood box that fit on it and was so useful I was amazed. I want to build something to haul simple stuff and a couple kids. I have 3pnt, so probably a bit easier for me.

Their factory is 11 miles from my door. I need to make friends with an employee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back