• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

8mm static rope? What brands do you like and where do you buy it from?

Jgetch

I was out practicing climbing and shooting today and, probably because I’m getting older and have young kids at home now, I was staring at my tether and lineman and thinking I should probably upgrade to be safer. I’ve not had a problem with my set up but the time to switch isn’t after the fall. Also my ropes are at least 15 years old from when I could actually rock climb. I did it badly but I managed. Anyway rock climbing ropes are usually quite colorful. I’d like to find something that blends better as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Go ahead and purchase the climbing ropes.
Then dye them using RIT synthetic dye..
the’ll blend right in..
I just did that to mine worked like a charm..
I’ll send a pic along to compare..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Original was white rope..
Now dark grey..
Dye cost $7
Took me 10 min tops (including clean up)..
db7fbdd8e4c55861c148b1a667365b2b.jpg

Nice. I actually found some black static 10mm that I ordered. Still searching for a 7-8mm cord that’s not to colorful for prusik material. If I don’t find some soon I’ll have to buy some dye. Seasons just around the corner after all. Thanks.

Yale bee line is a good cordage for prussiks. Sure it’s yellow but it’s not bright. Think yellow drab if there was such a color

Yale bee line is a good cordage for prussiks. Sure it’s yellow but it’s not bright. Think yellow drab if there was such a color

They used to make a black Bee line. It's long gone from retailers but something to keep an eye out for.

Go ahead and purchase the climbing ropes.
Then dye them using RIT synthetic dye..
the’ll blend right in..
I just did that to mine worked like a charm..
I’ll send a pic along to compare..

Cool Idea thanks for the info

Original was white rope..
Now dark grey..
Dye cost $7
Took me 10 min tops (including clean up)..
db7fbdd8e4c55861c148b1a667365b2b.jpg

Will that dye run if it gets wet while hunting?

The Dye won’t run when wet.. make sure to get the RIT dye that is specifically made for Synthetic material..
Also if you need 8mm rope REI sells it by the foot.. Brand I get is PMI..

X2 on Beeline. One of my favorite friction hitch cordages. Right up there with Ocean by Rope Logic. Check out the green Ocean.

Last edited:
Didn't think the sterling kermantle line I ordered was blue but that's what I got. Anyone dyed blue and had good results?

Was in Wally world this morning and picked up brown. Will try it on a small section and see what happens, if it doesn't turn out I'll give yellow a shot.

Back