• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A medical reminder..

Oldnotdead

So several weeks ago I mentioned getting sick. I waited 10 days before calling the Dr. office. The nurse called back and I explained from beginning what was going ln, welcome to the flu. Too late for Tami flue hang in there for 2 weeks. Well week 6 I'm still coughing tired and having issues. I waited because I do feel better than before and had a regular Dr appointment yesterday. I'm not better I'm now on a high dose of azithromycin for several secondary infection caused by ,Dr description " mother of all flu's " From carbuncles to bronchitis.
Apparently very serious stuff that had I been less healthy could have possibly killed me, so apparently I got a carbuncle in a nose hair follicle that weakened my system (staph infection)and one developed on the roof of my mouth then the flu came in but because my immune system was already fighting two things as the flu eased up the staph. infection I still had, caused the bronchitis. My problem is usually this is accompanied by fever. Well I have to have a foot in the grave before seeing a fever for most anything. My body temp runs low normally.
I tell you this because sometimes what we think is something as simple as a sore in your nose ,might not be. Don't always take a nurses word over the phone as gospel. Go in and get checked out. I'd never heard the term carbuncle before yesterday. He took one look at my nose and mouth and wrote the perscription. Even though sore had gone away they left scaring and the staph infection is still in my system. Because of the original nose area this could have traveled to my brain ,blood stream, liver, lungs. Heal thy self isn't always too smart. So just be aware out there especially for people like us that are out side . Soil,plant debris carry all kinds of pathogens,we tend to get nicks, scrapes, bug bites. All these things can possible introduce unwanted bacteria, fungi, ect ect.

Thanks Ed, I'm actually feeling a million time better,other than this cough.
As we age we need to change mind sets. My family is just crazed at my lack of timely seeking medical help. I walked around with a severely torn meniscus for 3 months before seeking help ,surgery took out 2/3's of it and waiting caused arthritis. One year later I walked around for 6 weeks with a severely torn ACL. to soon for surgery because I need knee replacements. 8 months of therapy..Went in for physical a couple of years ago and said my shoulders been real sore for about 6 mos.. I chose a sports medician doc. as my GP, I get hurt a lot. Any ways he feels the shoulder and lifts it up and out to my side and says, that hurt? YES! Then quickly twists and pulls it to a resounding POP and my scream... Then says ya it's been dislocated for 6 mos, and shakes his head.
Irish hard head with high pain tolerance..LOL Sometimes we need a peer reminder, don't be stupid like me!;)

PS... You should have seen his face when I told him I was going to saddle hunt this year.. not sure if I saw shock or dollar signs in his eyes..hahahaha

Last edited:
I had a staph infection almost take me out about 10 years ago. Had to have a pick line in my arm for 4 weeks. No fun.

Hope you get back to being healthy

...So just be aware out there especially for people like us that are out side . Soil,plant debris carry all kinds of pathogens,we tend to get nicks, scrapes, bug bites. All these things can possible introduce unwanted bacteria, fungi, ect ect.
Apparantly, I breathed in something nasty while blowing leaves last May. I started having nightly fevers. Had over 30 of them as high as 105° last summer.
Turned out I had an internal fungal infection.
Take care of yourself...prayers sent for your recovery.

Back