• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A new, but familiar face!

Mschmeiske

SH Member
Back in January I had a new face show up on camera that I hadn’t seen before. A taller racked buck that I thought would be nice this year if he survived! Well, the other day we had some rain come through, so I checked a camera of mine and there he was! What I’m curious about, is why is he here all of the sudden? Is it possible a more dominant buck died last fall and he took his place? These are the only two times I’ve seen him... any other ideas why? I’m curious about everyone’s opinions on this.
073F39FD-2BA4-42C9-88A0-BFD383822C98.jpegB9E94914-07CC-4BD1-8E4B-D4AD9083579D.jpeg

Nice buck! I'd just be happy have him hanging around. It's possible he was displaced from somewhere else by a bigger buck or pressure and found the new area to be suitable to stay and keep for his home range. Good luck on him!

Back