• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A short description and price of every available saddle

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Are you the NEWT Hunter??

Awesome!! Very nice job! Maybe you’re already planning to do this, but if not, this would be an awesome page to keep updating as new saddles come out so we can all keep referencing it. And of course new people to saddle hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice write up. And to imagine a few years ago that list would have been the guidos web, aero evo, and sit drag. Love having all these options.

Forgot TX-5 :(

True. It was likely an unknown option to the source. The Tx5 looks like a great saddle. Similar to the Crüzr I expect . But custom made from what I understand
I have a Crüzr coming and I am on the list for a Tx5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Tx5 looks like a great saddle. Similar to the Crüzr I expect . But custom made from what I understand
I have a Crüzr coming and I am on the list for a Tx5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have 2 saddles made by Matt (TX5) and the sewing quality is above the AH and attention to detail is top notch. It is truly a custom product, so in general, if you don't like something about one, it is because you specified it that way :). The Cruzr is a level down in that category. Interested to see what you and others say when you have one in hand too.

I have 2 saddles made by Matt (TX5) and the sewing quality is above the AH and attention to detail is top notch. It is truly a custom product, so in general, if you don't like something about one, it is because you specified it that way :). The Cruzr is a level down in that category. Interested to see what you and others say when you have one in hand too.

I am looking forward to trying the TX 5. I am on a waiting list and the cruzr which is in the mail.
I hope to get a TX5 soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am looking forward to trying the TX 5. I am on a waiting list and the cruzr which is in the mail.
I hope to get a TX5 soon.

Hey buddy, I've seen your posts all over the place on this forum. Not to puff you up too much, but it appears you have a wealth of experience with saddle hunting that might be worth sharing. Specifically, would you give some thought to posting on your personal experience with the various saddles on the market? Looks like you've tried or will try out every saddle that's available. Just a thought, lol.

I have tried a few. Really there is a lot of subjective personal opinion in picking a saddle. They are all improving from a few years ago.
I hate to say what my favourite is because it may not suit another persons hunting style or comfort choices or body type.
I like some of the recent reviews that have been posted because they seem thorough and fair.
Based on my subjective personal opinion. This is how I see a few of the saddles I have tried.
Last year my favourite was the JX3, which is not for everyone. I will be keeping the JX3 for good. I know some people don’t like the JX3. I am using it for turkeys right now. A great ground chair, pack and lazy boy in the sky.
I also used the flex a fair bit last year. It was comfortable but bulkier than I want for a traditional saddle. Aero hunter makes a high quality saddle with excellent service and warranty. The kestrel is a good saddle and you might pick up one at a good used price. It will not wear out for many years.

I like the idea of trying a Cruzr and TX5 this fall. One is custom made and both look as comfortable as a flex with less bulk. They seem to have the features I want in a compact saddle. A custom build might be perfect but I won’t know unless I try it. That is one attractive thing about the TX5. I don’t have to try and decide between sizes. It will be made for me and my style.

The H2 is comfortable for a sitter too like me too and is very reasonably priced. For a price conscious sitter you will not be disappointed in an H2. I find it cups my butt and find it is comfortable.
But if you lean a lot and like a light saddle the phantom might be for you. As a sitter, I like some of the other options. If you are a leaning minimalist, it may be perfect for you.

I will be trying the recon this fall too. It is compact, very adjustable, and reasonably priced. It is well made. I have not sat in it for hours to know what I think of it for sure.

Really as you can see they all have features that might suit some guys but not others.

I like trying saddles and I just sell the ones that don’t suit me personally. I don’t lose too much and if I sell them in October I lose nothing.

Really the first questions to ask yourself
1. Are you a sitter or leaner?
2. Is comfort or bulk or weight more important to you?
3. How cost conscious are you?
4. Can you afford multiple saddles for different situations?
5. Would you know what you want in a custom made saddle?

You will not go wrong with any of the saddles I just mentioned and if you can try a few first that would be ideal.
If you buy one and don’t like it sell it and try something else.

I have tried a few. Really there is a lot of subjective personal opinion in picking a saddle. They are all improving from a few years ago.
I hate to say what my favourite is because it may not suit another persons hunting style or comfort choices or body type.
I like some of the recent reviews that have been posted because they seem thorough and fair.
Based on my subjective personal opinion. This is how I see a few of the saddles I have tried.
Last year my favourite was the JX3, which is not for everyone. I will be keeping the JX3 for good. I know some people don’t like the JX3. I am using it for turkeys right now. A great ground chair, pack and lazy boy in the sky.
I also used the flex a fair bit last year. It was comfortable but bulkier than I want for a traditional saddle. Aero hunter makes a high quality saddle with excellent service and warranty. The kestrel is a good saddle and you might pick up one at a good used price. It will not wear out for many years.

I like the idea of trying a Cruzr and TX5 this fall. One is custom made and both look as comfortable as a flex with less bulk. They seem to have the features I want in a compact saddle. A custom build might be perfect but I won’t know unless I try it. That is one attractive thing about the TX5. I don’t have to try and decide between sizes. It will be made for me and my style.

The H2 is comfortable for a sitter too like me too and is very reasonably priced. For a price conscious sitter you will not be disappointed in an H2. I find it cups my butt and find it is comfortable.
But if you lean a lot and like a light saddle the phantom might be for you. As a sitter, I like some of the other options. If you are a leaning minimalist, it may be perfect for you.

I will be trying the recon this fall too. It is compact, very adjustable, and reasonably priced. It is well made. I have not sat in it for hours to know what I think of it for sure.

Really as you can see they all have features that might suit some guys but not others.

I like trying saddles and I just sell the ones that don’t suit me personally. I don’t lose too much and if I sell them in October I lose nothing.

Really the first questions to ask yourself
1. Are you a sitter or leaner?
2. Is comfort or bulk or weight more important to you?
3. How cost conscious are you?
4. Can you afford multiple saddles for different situations?
5. Would you know what you want in a custom made saddle?

You will not go wrong with any of the saddles I just mentioned and if you can try a few first that would be ideal.
If you buy one and don’t like it sell it and try something else.

Appreciate the reply and agree that the right fit depends on key variables. Personally, I'm leaning so far on getting 2 saddles which I think will meet all my hunting variables. The JX3 and the treehopper recon. Once you try out the recon, let me know your thoughts please.

Appreciate the reply and agree that the right fit depends on key variables. Personally, I'm leaning so far on getting 2 saddles which I think will meet all my hunting variables. The JX3 and the treehopper recon. Once you try out the recon, let me know your thoughts please.

I too am looking at the recon. If you purchase soon, please let us know what you think.

Thanks.

Back