• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Accessing through open ag fields

Bowhunter33

Well this past weekend I got word the farmer has all the corn out from the fields I've been hunting. Mostly overgrown fence rows and a few fingers of trees with good buck bedding when they had the security cover of the corn. Of course that corn was concealing my entry and exit routes and allowing me to get away with alot more opportunities to get in close and not have to worry much. Now I need to explore different methods for both morning and evening entry and exit routes to these small woodlots. Anyone have any ideas on how to go about this? In the past years hunting farm land this has always been 3/4 of my battle it seems.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

See if the farmer or a farmhand could run you out there on a tractor...at least for the first sit. Just bail off the tractor into the chosen hedgerow. We've done this very thing on a number of occasions; works like a charm.

I'm in the same boat and crops are coming out early this year. I just sneak in at dark and slip out after dark. If you're not out all day and on an evening/afternoon hunt, I just try to sneak in the best I can and avoid walking through bedding areas early afternoon. I'll cut right across an open field and try not to silhouette myself too much. Wind or rain helps with sound walking through that dry corn. If you know where they're bedding you can still walk the edge trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Back