• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adding a belt or suspenders to Trophyline.

Wlog

SH Member
Years ago I cut the shoulder straps off my TL ambush to add tool belt style shoulder straps. I don’t really care for these shoulder straps now because of the bulk. I’d really like a waist belt like what’s on the kestrel or mantis. I’m not great with a sewing machine but I could probably manage to sew something.

Anybody done this that could give suggestions?

Years ago I cut the shoulder straps off my TL ambush to add tool belt style shoulder straps. I don’t really care for these shoulder straps now because of the bulk. I’d really like a waist belt like what’s on the kestrel or mantis. I’m not great with a sewing machine but I could probably manage to sew something.

Anybody done this that could give suggestions?
Watching also. I'm in the same boat.

I use some original add on suspenders from. Trophyline on my greens. They're pretty light, and I actuallylike them a lot. I leave them on the hole time.

When I owned a TL, I cut off the crappy, saggy suspenders and replaced them with clip-on style. It was a huge improvement, but IMO, the new saddles from Tethrd and Aerohunter are light years ahead of the TL. I think if I still had only a TL to use, I wouldn't be a saddle hunter. The thing sucked. (sorry TL fans).

I went to home depot and did the same thing as Swingin' Free. Only I was able to get the suspenders on by using small carabiners. I like having the cell phone pocket on the chest...

I just ordered Perry Suspenders (heavy duty) to try with my RC Harness. I hope they work well. Let us know how things shake out for you. I’ll do the same.

Who knows, this may be a cool thread injector project for after season.

I went to home depot and did the same thing as Swingin' Free. Only I was able to get the suspenders on by using small carabiners. I like having the cell phone pocket on the chest...
I had carabineers on my TL saddle with padded suspenders, took the carabineers off and ordered 1" webbing, D rings, and clips from strapworks and made accessories straps just like Kestrel saddle has . Hooked it thru the molle webbing and hooked on the suspenders much cleaner setup, no carabineers digging in my back with backpack on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

In the off season I’m going to sew a waist belt on it. I had the tool belt suspenders on it before and the ones I had were just too bulky so I took them off.

For now I’ve got a strap weaved through the Molle loops for a belt. My main reason for adding a belt is that I want to climb with one stick and use the tether hooked up to the bridge. I really don’t like hanging from a tether hooked through the lineman loops.

In the off season I’m going to sew a waist belt on it. I had the tool belt suspenders on it before and the ones I had were just too bulky so I took them off.

For now I’ve got a strap weaved through the Molle loops for a belt. My main reason for adding a belt is that I want to climb with one stick and use the tether hooked up to the bridge. I really don’t like hanging from a tether hooked through the lineman loops.
I would so much like a belt and totally get rid of the suspenders

I would so much like a belt and totally get rid of the suspenders

Yeah, I know guys complain a lot about the Trophylines but I’m super comfortable in mine there are just a few things that will make it perfect for me. I had one of the newer saddles and sold it because it wasn’t as comfy and I’m used to the TL.
You see remarks on here all the time about everyone liking something different and it’s totally true.

Yeah, I know guys complain a lot about the Trophylines but I’m super comfortable in mine there are just a few things that will make it perfect for me. I had one of the newer saddles and sold it because it wasn’t as comfy and I’m used to the TL.
You see remarks on here all the time about everyone liking something different and it’s totally true.
My TL saddle is extremely comfortable but I tried a Kestrel and the belt and leg straps are sweat for putting in on and off.

My TL saddle is extremely comfortable but I tried a Kestrel and the belt and leg straps are sweat for putting in on and off.

The other problem is the accessories packs are so bulky, any suggestions !!

The other problem is the accessories packs are so bulky, any suggestions !!

I only keep a tether and lineman’s rope in the pouch usually. Any more than that and you’re right it’s bulky. I wear a cabelas bow hunter vest. I don’t know if they still make it but primos makes one. I don’t carry a pack usually.

I like my trophy line It is comfortable but I would like to change out the bridge and add loops for the lineman’s belt Just been too busy to do it

Reactions: KRN
I had carabineers on my TL saddle with padded suspenders, took the carabineers off and ordered 1" webbing, D rings, and clips from strapworks and made accessories straps just like Kestrel saddle has . Hooked it thru the molle webbing and hooked on the suspenders much cleaner setup, no carabineers digging in my back with backpack on.

Can you post some pics of this?? Sounds like something I may try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back