• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adjustability

sapper1

Jul 8, 2018
I'm currently thinking of trying a saddle this season but I am curious as to how much adjustability they have. Currently I have 42" waist so I would most likely need a 2xl if I wanted to get a saddle and start practicing with it now. However, I am planning to drop a good amount of weight before season and I would prefer to not have to bury another saddle.

denots

Nov 7, 2017
Denham Springs, Louisiana
I'm currently thinking of trying a saddle this season but I am curious as to how much adjustability they have. Currently I have 42" waist so I would most likely need a 2xl if I wanted to get a saddle and start practicing with it now. However, I am planning to drop a good amount of weight before season and I would prefer to not have to bury another saddle.
I don't know what the size difference would be between a Kestrel size 2, a mantis extra large, and sit drag. Perhaps @g2outdoors or @redsquirrel could give dimensions to help figure out which one of the of the three would best suit you. Also maybe @huck72412 or @Jefferson10940 could suggest what size used trophy line you might look for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jefferson10940

Staff member
Vendor Rep
SH Member
Feb 6, 2017
I don't know what the size difference would be between a Kestrel size 2, a mantis extra large, and sit drag. Perhaps @g2outdoors or @redsquirrel could give dimensions to help figure out which one of the of the three would best suit you. Also maybe @huck72412 or @Jefferson10940 could suggest what size used trophy line you might look for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I’m a size 38/40 and hunt out of a large Trophyline, at first I bought an XL but it was huge. I had the size 2 kestrel and I just didn’t like how far back the bridge loops were and the bigger the waist the farther back they would be. Bit the mesh kite is supposed to be improved on that! I haven’t put my fat ass In a mantis so I can’t add any info there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk