• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adjustable Bridge for JX3

Hawkeye Bowhunter

Just finished making an adjustable/openable bridge for the JX3 with the help and advice from @cedar paul. Thanks bro! Used a Tethrd lineman‘s rope with a sewn eye, a delta link, Petzl ring open and a roll n lock ascender. Finished the adjustable loop side with a triple fisherman’s knot backed up by a double fisherman’s knot. One hand adjustability. Pix attached. B23262F7-CCC1-4B6A-AADA-4819A72170E0.jpeg7CB8F2C8-FCC5-46E1-9C78-81EA286FD4DC.jpegCABD2E92-ACDC-465B-BD76-4CF65C37AFA4.jpegC2C5A5E0-1A5F-49A8-BE7F-EBB23FF6B475.jpeg37A4CFE3-D5C3-4850-A5D1-B5BAD65A6F37.jpeg

I like this. I've seen that a few times now and was thinking about SRT with the jx3. Already kind of a lot going on there, and didn't want an additional short bridge adding in the cramped space... and always with that ct roll n lock. Is there a reason for that ascender over a ropeman 1?

The ascender works just as smooth the RM 1. I took a look at the climbing rating of the roll n lock and how it functions and I think it’s a better option than the RM 1. Just personal preference I guess. I’m still using the RM 1 on my lineman’s belt and will use a biner and Prusik on my tether with sticks or use the grigri + and platinum rope for srt.

Yeah, I noticed the blue ropeman on the other rope, which is why I wondered about the roll n lock. Thanks. May have to look into one of those petzl rings.

Is the tag end with the knots tied into the bridge loop or is that just the way the rope is laying? I couldn't tell for sure in the pic.

Great job Hawk! Effortless one handed adjustment for ascending/ descending as well as sitting at the top.

Thanks! Why the D-link vs just using a carabiner?
Welcome! I chose the delta link because I had one that I wasn’t using and I felt a biner added unnecessary bulk. You definitely could use a biner if you wanted to. You could also use a biner on the roll n lock side too. Either way you can open the bridge w/o much hassle.

What is the advantage of the adjustable bridge on the JX3?
I use the as supplied bridge and it seems to be OK.

Just finished making an adjustable/openable bridge for the JX3 with the help and advice from @cedar paul. Thanks bro! Used a Tethrd lineman‘s rope with a sewn eye, a delta link, Petzl ring open and a roll n lock ascender. Finished the adjustable loop side with a triple fisherman’s knot backed up by a double fisherman’s knot. One hand adjustability. Pix attached. View attachment 27368View attachment 27369View attachment 27370View attachment 27371View attachment 27372

Very nice, wondering if your still liking it?
I have been looking at moding my bridge. I like the stock one as it protects from too much hard leans, just wondering how hard leans workout with this style? Also like to lower the bridge height some.

fe76f9eea354ea69341ecfb4ae78be43.jpg

I might try this for rappelling on a JX3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back