• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adjustable bridge

Islandshooter

SH Member
So I don't know what bridge length I'm gonna like. Running an adjustable on my kite. Was thinking of trying this with oplux and a Beal jammie. Prusik tied too the saddle with double fisherman. What are y'alls thoughts? On this setup. ThanksScreenshot_20190815-125119.png

Could be the photo, looks like a lot of rope to manage. That being said I run an adjustable bridge on my evolution with a Blake's hitch. The evolution has the rigging plates in it that act as a tender. You might want a prusik tender for easier one hand operation, unless I missed something. The Beal Jammies seem pretty good very strong from what I have seen.

Could be the photo, looks like a lot of rope to manage. That being said I run an adjustable bridge on my evolution with a Blake's hitch. The evolution has the rigging plates in it that act as a tender. You might want a prusik tender for easier one hand operation, unless I missed something. The Beal Jammies seem pretty good very strong from what I have seen.
Thanks, it is some extra rope to manage, but I'm a new saddle hunter so I didn't want to start too short and replace it. Went with a prusik tender on my tether (replacing a ropeman) and it works great. Just trying to figure it all out before the season!

Ah gotchya, yeah as long as you can manage it sounds fine

I’m running 8mm oplux for my tether and my bridge both adjustable with the beal jammys. My tether just has an overhand knot tied in it for the loop and a standard stopper knot at the end. My bridge is set up the same but I’m hooking it with a carabiner on my flex and from the jammy to my flex with another carabiner.

I’m running oplux bridge with Kong duck with carabiners as well but the bridge can become a back up lineman’s to get by branches which is also nice..

I do plan to add tenders on them I think.

IMG_1921.JPG I’m just running the bridge through the jammy on the tether. This is super adjustable and packs very small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run an adjustable bridge with a prusik on both my Kite and Kestrel. I wouldn't have it any other way. I shorten it all the way for the walk in and it acts like a second belt. I simply daisy chain the extra length.

Then when I get to the tree, I unravel the daisy chain, set the bridge to desired length, and start climbing.

The adjustability comes in handy especially if you use the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. The prusik on your bridge only sees half of the force of your weight so it doesn't lock down as tight as a prusik on your tether would.

Lengthen your bridge all the way out, and move your tether up as high as you can reach. Then shorten bridge until snug. Sit in saddle, pull platform up with feet. Stand up, lengthen bridge, move tether up, repeat.

The adjustable prusik bridge can be used like a Ropeman without the extra cost, potential for noise or mechanical failure.

I ran the stock bridge on my Kestrel all of last season, but was wanting to try a shorter bridge. Last night I finally put the prusik and tender from my linemans rope (running a ropeman 1) on the bridge. Looking forward to getting it dialed in. Watching some DRT climbing vids and might give that a try sometime. Looks like with an adjustable bridge you'd just shorten it way up and be able to use it that way.

Back