• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adjustable bridge?

ridge_runner

Nov 13, 2019
I am thinking of getting into saddle hunting and have a question about bridges. I have read where an adjustable bridge is the main factor in getting the comfort dialed in along with tether height. So why do manufacturers offer fixed bridges or a choice of fixed or adjustable. Just wondering how much it matters to have one over the other and what you guys prefer. Thanks

iamcorey

Oct 24, 2018
Following as I just put a slider on my web bridge last night to adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtsrunner

Sep 10, 2019
Fixed bridge is one less thing to mess with, so there is some appeal in the simplicity. You will probably eventually find a bridge length that is your sweet spot, but an adjustable bridge will help you figure that out. Fine tuning can be made with tether height at that point.

Reactions: Jay_Disarray

Jay_Disarray

SH Member
Oct 7, 2019
MN
Fixed bridge is one less thing to mess with, so there is some appeal in the simplicity. You will probably eventually find a bridge length that is your sweet spot, but an adjustable bridge will help you figure that out. Fine tuning can be made with tether height at that point.

X2

An adjustable bridge is fine for testing, but in my opinion once you figure your optimum length I like the idea of a fixed bridge and less to goof with/go wrong

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
Feb 4, 2018
Western Pennsylvania
I like my bridge to be as short as possible. A short bridge allows a lower tether which makes more elbow clearance for my draw arm.
A short bridge has a less acute angle at the tether carabiner which makes rotation easier for me.
The whole set up also makes for less pendulum effect. This stuff is all very individual, but I like a short bridge. The only way to dial in your bridge length is to adjust length until you find what you like.

Exhumis

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Northern Virginia
I like my adjustable bridge because I run it two lengths. Short as possible when I'm hunting in really thick stuff and I probably won't have a weak side shot. When I'm hunting more open terrain IL make it about a foot longer and have my tether a foot above my head. That way I can rotate my bow arm under my tether and turn on the platform for a weak side shot.