• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Hunter Back Band / MOD

Mjdohring

Good Morning all u Awesome Saddle Hunters.... While at Deerfest 2019 in WI, I got to finally meet Ernie and try Tethrd's saddle and NEW GEN II back band which goes thru the carabiner rather than to the prusik knots. As u may all know I have an Aero Hunter Saddle and back band and my saddle has a webbing bridge, the Prusik Knot works on the webbing but it does like to slip, it doesn't grab like it does on a rope bridge. So I changed my Aero Hunter Back Band to go thru the Carabiner just like Tethrd's (THANK U ERNIE FOR SUCH A GREAT IDEA)... All I had to do was buy some webbing, cut the clips off, turn around the ladder buckles, re-sew them on the other way and good to go. If u would like to see how I did it check out the link below...And no negative comments on my sewing abilities...LOL... second time using a sewing machine ....I think it went well..LOL

https://youtu.be/moVP6_svdmM

Good video Mark! Sharing an alternative way for guys without sewing capabilities. I sold mine already or would post a picture, but I modded mine as soon as Tethrd showed their new design. Just cut off the heavy factory clips and then splice a 7/64" amsteel continuous loop through the webbing end loops to tie them together. You just clip the amsteel loop into the tether caribiner and the factory adjusters work just fine as is.

Great video as always. Even though I love the idea of the Gen II, i personally see clipping anything other than my bridge into my tether carabiner, especially nearer the gate than my bridge, as more risk than I am willing to take in the tree. I keep that biner locked and clutter-free at hunting height and open it for no man, until it’s time for descent. I wish there was some kind of hybrid between Gen I and Gen II to keep that strap out of my tether. Maybe I’ll have to learn some sewing soon...
Maybe an autoblock or munter’s hitch below or above my main friction hitch?

Here is what I did. 7/16 amsteal about 32" long tied to the strap adjusters. I think this is similar to what Bwhana spoke of above. I still plan to cut down on the adjuster lengths. You could get away with a much shorter amsteal if a person didn't want to shorten the adjuster straps.20190908_102354.jpg20190908_102302.jpg20190908_102252.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back