• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero hunter Evolution Buckle replacement/upgrade?

DwadeCham

So I wanted to get a new saddle this year but a bathroom remodel and a Chevelle engine rebuild has taken a lot of resources. My waist cinch strap buckle on my aero doesn’t snap in like it should.

What is a good replacement buckle for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are just simple plastic buckles aren't they?, pretty sure that's what's on mine. You could look for a rated cobra style buckle I suppose.

They are just simple plastic buckles aren't they?, pretty sure that's what's on mine. You could look for a rated cobra style buckle I suppose.

I would think so. Makes me a little nervous although I know it isn’t a life supporting piece of equipment.

Yeah I understand that I had the same nervousness

So I wanted to get a new saddle this year but a bathroom remodel and a Chevelle engine rebuild has taken a lot of resources. My waist cinch strap buckle on my aero doesn’t snap in like it should.

What is a good replacement buckle for it?

I put a polymer cobra buckle on my kestrel clone recently. rated for 2.2kN(500lbf). I know that's not much but it should hold you in place long enough to get your hands on something else.

Back