• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero hunter

Nick84

Thinking of getting into saddle hunting, I’m a big guy but active, 6’2” 295 pounds size 13 shoe. Was reading the aero hunter website and they suggested no one over 240 uses it due to comfort. Anyone have experience with this. I mean I’m a career fighter, I work out as much as I can, heck last year I was 370 and still hiking in to places and hanging my millennium 30’ in a tree with screw ins I’m not slouch. Do you think I can handle it ?

Also if anyone in jasper ga or the surrounding area would be willing to meet up to let me put hands on a system I would appreciate it

I have been looking at the Aero Kestrel and the Mantis for a while.

Just ordered my Mantis. I’m similar height, weight and build to you. My understanding is that bridge length may need to be longer to reduce hip pinch but the saddle itself is rated well above 240# limit.

I think I saw on Tethrd’s sight that the predator platform is only rated for 300# but if using the saddle correctly it minimizes the weight put on the platform since it’s not being used like a typical tree stand platform.

Hopefully it arrives early and I can give you updated feedback.

Cool I’m leaning towards the mantis due to the quicker delivery time but idk just yet

Also look at the new hybrid. That thing looks solid.

Oh yeah I seen that one looks cool. Order a mantis though just for ease of carry and such we will see if I like it. I hunt a lot of public mountain land and wanted the lightest smallest I could get

I'm 6ft, 270ish and use an XL Mantis. I need a platform as WE Stepps hurt my feet way before the saddle hurts anything.

I picked up an Areo Kestrel this year. First time saddle hunter. I am 6' 320 lbs (just a little short for my weight). I set up an adjustable bridge. That way I can adjust to make it the most comfortable. Overall it is a comfortable way to hunt. I ordered a preaditor and think that help even more. My feet do get sore after a bit with the ring and top hawk step as my platform.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back