• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

AeroHunter Back/Seat Band?

justsomedude

Any one using this?

I just got one.
I just noticed that the pics on the NewTribe site show it being installed INSIDE of the back leg straps.
I put it on the outside and was thinking about being able to move it around...keeping it on my back sometimes and then flipping it under me to be a seat.

I tried mounting it like they show it but I like it better as a Back support so far.
But when I'm walking around, the strap hangs down to the back of my knees.
Is that right?
Need to see if I can tighten it up

I made one. Way cheaper and way less bulky. Its definately a nice thing to have on long sits. I just flip it up under my arm pits and kick back.

Been using mine since I started testing evolution pro-types back in Nov of last year.

I roll mine up when not walking in and out.

Thanks,
Boswell

IS ANYONE USING THE BACK STRAP FROM NEW TRIBE ? IF SO HOW ARE YOU INSTALLING IT ? LET ME KNOW BEFORE I BUY ONE.... (I AM USING THE AERO HUNTER EVOLUTION.) THANKS,
bowhunterchuck

Chuck,
Mine is attached to my bridge using 2 prussic cords made of 550 cord. They stay attached to the bridge and then on my back strap I have some small carabiners that I attach from the back support to those prussic knots. This allows me to adjust my recline of my strap just by sliding those knots up the bridge. Works well for me.

Thanks,
Boswell

THANKS.......I WILL GIVE IT A TRY ! DEFINITELY NEED SOME BACK SUPPORT AFTER A FEW HOURS.

Boudreaux can you post some pics of your back support. I have the one from newtribe and I love it but hate how it attaches to the paws. It always falls down and I have to adjust it every time.

I will try and get some for you, It might be saturday while in the stand but I will get them this weekend.

Thanks,
Boswell

Here are some pictures from this morning, I DO NOT recommend using the same s-bieners that I did. This is just to show, how I do it.

Rolled up for transport.

Thanks,
Boswell

Attachments

• Back support.jpg
    Back support.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 1,447
  • Back support 2.jpg
    Back support 2.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 1,430
Interesting....you're basically hanging it like a hammock.
I'm going to try that for sure.

Those S Biners are only rated for maybe 25lbs aren't they?
Wondered what you were using.
Take a look at the "Soft Shackle" carabiner replacement.
You make it with a small Whoopie Sling.
I think it would work great for this as long as it wasn't hard to set up in the dark.
http://whoopieslings.com

Boudreaux, You got a pic of of how your using the backband yourself, basically how your positioning it? Under your armpits?

That would be good. I have back issues but I also like to hunt all day if I can. For me, Comfort is needed if I intend to hunt all day.

I'm going to try this setup now.
I've been using using it as a seat band which has been pretty good.

When I rest, I lean forward on the ropes.
Not too bad if you are wearing thick upper layers.
It makes it easy to be very still.

But I'll try the back band for a few sits now

justsomedude said:
Interesting....you're basically hanging it like a hammock.
I'm going to try that for sure.

Those S Biners are only rated for maybe 25lbs aren't they?
Wondered what you were using.
Take a look at the "Soft Shackle" carabiner replacement.
You make it with a small Whoopie Sling.
I think it would work great for this as long as it wasn't hard to set up in the dark.
http://whoopieslings.com
That's exactly what I did. Tried it testing but not in the field. It seems like an excellent solution to me!

I did the same thing Boswell did with a different clip.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    920.6 KB · Views: 594
JSD,

If you already have soft shackles ignore this, but if not, you can make a pair for this purpose with any cord.

A simple overhand knot on one end (stopper knot) and the other end is a hangmans noose (or you could probably use a tautline hitch if you want)....Works identically to the amsteel soft shackle.

I have a few I've made with paracord when I was fiddling with hammock stuff. I never got into using "rope buries" and that stuff, so not sure how difficult that is. Tying knots is easy though. lol

Since I use my linemans belt as my back rest, I just use the carabiners it attaches with, but I'm in a trophyline saddle, not the New Tribes like you guys.

I like to use the strap under my legs. I have two caribiners, one on each end,attached. I prefer to adjust the AH so the saddle rides high up my back and the leg straps are just under my butt. When I attach the back/leg strap I hook the right side above the Blake 's hitch on the bridge, then I hook the left side into the rope bridge next to the paw. This has offered me the most comfort, and has allowed me to do away with (a) knee pad(s). When attached in this manner I straddle the tree, if adjusted to the proper length the leg strap lightly pinches the thighs to the tree, instead of having to put your knees into the trunk. I have also noticed that I am able to use fewer steps for my platform using this method. On the trees of smaller diameter I only need use two steps/paws for my base. If I was walking in/out I would detach.

thinking about this for my back band, got it for $8. its a dual adjust padded sling so it should work i guess

Attachments

• $_3.JPG
    $_3.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 311
bac078 said:
thinking about this for my back band, got it for $8. its a dual adjust padded sling so it should work i guess

Looks like it should work. Keep us updated.

Back