• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aftershokz Aeropex Review

Nutterbuster

SH Member
So I bought these back in late January and have used them daily since then.

Mainly bought them to be able to listen to podcasts and audio books on long hunts. Didn't get to use them a lot during deer season, but I wore them almost every time I went turkey hunting. They've gone fishing at least once every week. They've gone running 3x a week for the past 5 weeks. They've gone swimming 5 or 6 times.

So far, they're 100% waterproof and all the buttons still work. They live on my head or the charger. Mic quality for calls is good. Audio quality is good for songs if you're not an audiophile. They stay on my noggin for 8-14 hours at a time without coming off or feeling weird.

I know some guys go to the woods to "get away." For me, I spend enough time out there (especially during the rut) just putting in time that it gets to feeling like a time waster some afternoons. Being able to learn me a thing or two while sitting perfectly still and still be able to hear leaves rustle is a game cha...

Nope. Can't say it. But you get it. They're cool.

I appreciate your review and have been intrigued by these. Like you, I occasionally feel like I want to learn something while I am sitting there for hours. Or sometimes I simply want to zone out until the deer are up and moving again.
My question--and I know this has been studied some, do you ever worry about wearing something for 8-14 hours against your head that gives off radiation (low-level, non-ionizing EMF) but still... Just curious. I still may get a pair of these, I just wonder if I am the only one that frets about that stuff.

X2 on those concerns. Curious about your view Nutter. I know for some people these things cause headaches and vision issues. Not saying they’re bad, just have heard mixed reviews.

This is timely as I’m in the market for new headphones. Do you have the regular size or mini?
Regular, I think.

I'm way more concerned with microplastics, 5G towers, artificial growth hormones, and whatever is making the frogs gay than radiation from the headphones. My skull, I've been assured, is unusually thick. ;)

@Nutterbuster These have piqued my interest as well. When running do you have any issues hearing traffic coming? I typically get most of my miles on curvy backroads and typically hear cars before I can see them.

I use open move by Shokz for running as well as occasionally while hunting.

When running I can hear traffic, neighbors saying hi etc. Great headphones and probably the only type I will buy going forward

Regular, I think.

I'm way more concerned with microplastics, 5G towers, artificial growth hormones, and whatever is making the frogs gay than radiation from the headphones. My skull, I've been assured, is unusually thick. ;)
Cool. I have a yoooooge hed so kinda wondered how they fit.

@Nutterbuster These have piqued my interest as well. When running do you have any issues hearing traffic coming? I typically get most of my miles on curvy backroads and typically hear cars before I can see them.
I don't run in traffic, but I can hear whatever is going on around me. I can have music playing in the grocery store and not bump into folks and carry on conversations with the cashier.

Back