• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aider

Rev

Could someone recommend a specific 4-5 step aider to use with my LW sticks? Looking for brand name and location to purchase.
I only intend on using it on my first stick, hooking it over the top. I expect to possibly leave upper sticks in place for a few days at a time. Looking for ease of use and safety. I'm 61 years 6'-3" 220lb.
Thank you so much
DBL

Get a Yates speed wall aider or the big wall.it stays open,when u step in it. It is easier to than my 5 step metolius aider. Get on YouTube they show how to use it. This is how I attach it to my best stick, I hook a string on it and move it up with me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-17-16-10-13.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-17-16-10-13.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
Climbing Aider 4 Step Foot Ascender Loop Climbing Rope Ladder Etrier Aid Tool for Rock Climbing Mountaineering Caving Rescue Aerial Work https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XBQBL5B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_8z6mEbB4C2QZ8

I just picked one of these up. Seems to work pretty well for me. Also got some prusik knot rope to make a loop on the end big enough to fit around the stick steps. Works great, light and quiet.

This also seems to work quite well on steps if you ever use them too. Just loop the whole aider through the prusik cord loop and it hangs on the step bar nice and secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a green CMI heavy duty 5 step aider with and extension loop made from webbing to go over the top of my Beast stick. That gives me a good start off the ground. I'm 5'-11" and attach the stick at a comfortable reach overhead and can get around 7 1/2' to the top step of my stick. Depending on location/ setup, etc. I can move the aider up as I go if needed,(CAYG). I've had other ones that had smaller openings and were not a stable. Here's a link for the aider.
Good luck!

Back