• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

All day kestral sits

lpv77

So now that most seasons are over how would you rate sitting all day in a kestral?
I have the Evo and have done multiple all dayers. It's very comfortable.

I never sat all day but for maybe 6 hours. It's not bad. Someone said something that I think is spot on. It's like a pair of new shoes that need to be broken in. Little uncomfortable at first but after time they feel great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm a TL guy and I have to make sure I am plenty awake - I've fallen asleep more than once on all day sits! They are easier in a saddle than anywhere else tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my first dark to dark sit of the year in yesterday. I usually do more but my health and 2 year old prevented that this year. I sat once from 8am to dark in November too.

I've made 2 all day sits. 13 hours and nothing is "comfortable," not even sitting on the couch! To me it's less miserable than my old hand climber. Our rut is in full swing, so hopefully I'll be making a few more long sits. They are definitely doable.

I did my first all day sit Friday, it wasn't bad at all

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My all day sits have been during winter bow here in NJ. Even during the cold snaps I found this to be more comfortable than anything else I own. My standard for comfort is usually the Millennium M150-I found the Kestrel to be much more comfortable. I also substantially cut down my fidgeting and moving around. With more time in the Kestrel I see myself selling off some of the stands and accessories I own in order to fully fund my saddle hunting gear.
In past posts I often post my height (6’3”)and weight (250+) in hopes other folks that are my size see that it has the capacity to not only work for them but also be comfortable. I’m not sure if it was Trophy line or New Tribe about 5 years ago was very upfront on there website insisting not to buy a saddle if you were over a certain height or weight and that all comfort would be lost. Unfortunately that dissuaded me from buying a saddle. In any event, in an effort to not be too long winded and to get to the point-I personally have not had an issue setting up sun-up to sun-down.

My all day sits have been during winter bow here in NJ. Even during the cold snaps I found this to be more comfortable than anything else I own. My standard for comfort is usually the Millennium M150-I found the Kestrel to be much more comfortable. I also substantially cut down my fidgeting and moving around. With more time in the Kestrel I see myself selling off some of the stands and accessories I own in order to fully fund my saddle hunting gear.
In past posts I often post my height (6’3”)and weight (250+) in hopes other folks that are my size see that it has the capacity to not only work for them but also be comfortable. I’m not sure if it was Trophy line or New Tribe about 5 years ago was very upfront on there website insisting not to buy a saddle if you were over a certain height or weight and that all comfort would be lost. Unfortunately that dissuaded me from buying a saddle. In any event, in an effort to not be too long winded and to get to the point-I personally have not had an issue setting up sun-up to sun-down.
I am about your size as well. I am looking forward to getting the Kestrel. Only about 300 or so more to go before I get mine.

I never got a chance this year. The first one I planned on doing was November 7, but about 5 minutes after first light I shot my buck. Go figure! Guess that's not a bad thing! Lol

I would have to check my journal but I think I made over a dozen all day sits (in Texas with longer days that's 5:30 AM to after 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM during earthy season). I hunted all season in the Kestrel.... comfort was never a problem.

I'm the same size. 6'4, 250lbs. Can't say I've ever done an all day sit in the Kestrel yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back