• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

All day sit

williamson88

Is small piece outlined in red worth sitting all day in rut? And where would you sit? New farm never set foot on it so dont know much

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Farm
b01a83787286208f3270d5b1e2af5afb.jpg

Is small piece outlined in red worth sitting all day in rut? And where would you sit? New farm never set foot on it so dont know much

Where the branches fork. How wide is the bottleneck?

I'll have to check that out more hope to see it all soon

Id definitely check out the spot about 100-200 yards north of the corner of the field edge. There are 2 transitions or "edges". The power line and a line running east to west that is something still green

fab3b4b900831a3974c870988dcea703.png

That is just my guess. I am no expert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on if there is a core area for them close by. Bucks move all day during the rut, but typically in the vicinity of bedding areas to find the does. And does will bed down during the day unless pushed. They're unlikely to walk through a piece of timber that leads to nowhere, but never say never, seen plenty of strange things happen during the rut.

Transitions are travel routes for sure. if you can find multiple doe bedding areas, and a transition line that runs between them........you hit the jackpot my friend. My 2 cents.

Back