• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Alternative to the Celtic knot for a “keeper” while advancing your tether?

Dirk Dangler

What are you guys using to keep the tether from slipping down the tree during the times it is slack

I’ve seen guys using rubber fender washers with an inner diameter the same size as your tether. Seems to work well but haven’t tried it yet myself.

I’m using a niteize gear tie with no real complaints.

I tie a part of a fisherman's knot around the tether with short tag ends that slide. You can grab those and tighten. The tag end towards the tree is longer and wrapped in duct tape to be stiffer and capture loop or quick link against the tree.

I just picked up a couple of these.
Work great so far.
That link lead me to the knob they sell. I have been looking for a handle that fits. Thank you sir.

I have been using the fender washer aswell. After switching to a notch quickie I had to upgrade to a 2 inch washer with a 1/4 inch inner diameter to hold it up.

Back