• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amazon Treehopper?

HappyChappy

SH Member
Does anyone know which model the treehopper available on amazon is? I just ordered one thinking it was the mini, but I am not sure. I know some guys have had issues with the older treehopper, and want to make sure I ordered a good one.
Here is the link:
TreeHopper - Tree Bolts (Tree Stand Steps), Hand Drill, Drill Bit, Drill Holster, and 3-in-1 Climbing Belt - Hunting Gear for Tree Stand (Hand Drill) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SVFFSQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_o.tGDbB57YEJ3

The one in the Amazon pic IS NOT THE MINI.
The one in that pic uses a pin for the bit retainer.
The mini uses a screw...gospel.
That being said, the full size version had the bugs fixed. Now, there is no telling if that's a new or old full sized drill.

As an added note. American Hunter is the vendor selling the Treehopper products. On the listing there's an option to order a cordless drill bit. The picture shows a quick change bit but the bit I received is a straight shanked bit fyi.

Thanks @Allegheny Tom for looking into this for me. I actually just received it today—gotta love Amazon Prime. Even though it’s not the mini, it seems real solid and it doesn’t rattle. Haven’t used it yet, so I don’t know how well it will work. For you guys that have had both the mini and the regular treehopper, would I be better off returning this one to get the mini? I’m not concerned about weight difference as long as it functions properly.
-Thanks

Thanks @Allegheny Tom for looking into this for me. I actually just received it today—gotta love Amazon Prime. Even though it’s not the mini, it seems real solid and it doesn’t rattle. Haven’t used it yet, so I don’t know how well it will work. For you guys that have had both the mini and the regular treehopper, would I be better off returning this one to get the mini? I’m not concerned about weight difference as long as it functions properly.
-Thanks
Ive had both. To me, the big difference is the bit retainer.
If you ever break the drive screw on the bit, if will be more difficult to remove the pin (on the full size). The mini is a piece of cake to change the bit.
It is a real possibility to break a bit in the field. There is all kinds of metal crap hidden in trees, especially in farm country.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ive had both. To me, the big difference is the bit retainer.
If you ever break the drive screw on the bit, if will be more difficult to remove the pin (on the full size). The mini is a piece of cake to change the bit.
It is a real possibility to break a bit in the field. There is all kinds of metal crap hidden in trees, especially in farm country.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Ok thanks, that’s good to know. It seems I have but three options:
1. Return this one and buy the mini.
2. Just keep this one and slap myself for not having the mini and a spare bit in the event mine breaks in the field.
3. Buy a mini and keep the one I have for a back up drill. But then my wife would slap me for making yet another saddle hunting purchase this year...and she would probably slap harder!lol

I think I’ll just keep what I have for now. I’ll let you know if the bit breaks in the field so you guys can give me crap about it. Pumped to be using bolts this season!! Thanks to all of you guys that have posted your success with them and all sorts of helpful info.

Back