• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amazon

rutjr

I've got this thing in my head for a climbing platform that someone here made out of a Summit Open Shot seat. so I've been looking at prices and found one on EBay starting at $150 so I bid on it . No one bid until the last 12 hours. It ended up selling for $252 plus $80 for shipping and I'm sure taxes. So they bought it for $332. Now others on EBay were selling for over $500?

I just bought one on Amazon for $310 shipped with discounts I ended up getting it for $280. How can anyone compete with that?

I've got this thing in my head for a climbing platform that someone here made out of a Summit Open Shot seat. so I've been looking at prices and found one on EBay starting at $150 so I bid on it . No one bid until the last 12 hours. It ended up selling for $252 plus $80 for shipping and I'm sure taxes. So they bought it for $332. Now others on EBay were selling for over $500?

I just bought one on Amazon for $310 shipped with discounts I ended up getting it for $280. How can anyone compete with that?
I think that’s a known “scam” of sorts on eBay. They don’t want to set bid limits because then you know what they’re really trying to get for the item so they protect themselves from losing money if it hasn’t reached the amount they want to sell it for by having other accounts bid on the item to up the price that may sometimes exceed the actual price of the thing new. If they do this several times this will also raise the price that eBay shows the items “recently sold for”. You got to watch eBay, lots of scammers out there.

Yeah I check multiple sources for the same product and Amazon usually crushes everyone on price and shipping, most of the time if the homesite has a better price than I end up going Amazon anyways bc they have the best shipping times. I can’t wrap my head around in todays 24/7 world how anything, unless built to order, doesn’t come to my door within 5-7 days.

Yeah I check multiple sources for the same product and Amazon usually crushes everyone on price and shipping, most of the time if the homesite has a better price than I end up going Amazon anyways bc they have the best shipping times. I can’t wrap my head around in todays 24/7 world how anything, unless built to order, doesn’t come to my door within 5-7 days.
I bought a pack from a guy in NJ and he shipped it priority USPS. Took 19 days to arrive from when it was dropped off at the post office.

Hard to beat Amazon for sure and with the Amazon Credit Card you get 5% back on Amazon purchases. Between using that and putting everything else we spend on a 2% cash back credit card we accumlate around $1200 that we use to pay for Xmas every year. It really is free money. Shipping is great as long as you live near a decent sized city. In Virginia Beach I get most stuff within 3 days, and some within 2 day or even next day. In podunk Louisiana I don’t get anything in less than 5 days and most stuff is 7 days.

Back